Thursday, July 9, 2009

Beautiful

My sister and her husband did something extremely thoughtful during the prayer of the faithful at their wedding. Watch for yourself:



video

Can you believe that?

I started tearing up during the pro-life one, the first one in this clip, but then I lost it during the one about infertility. It just hit me immediately - that they would think to include a prayer intention about infertility and that everyone there was praying for us. Since the wedding party was standing up on the altar during the wedding, I knew all eyes - or at least those belonging to family and friends who know of our struggle - were probably on me, so I turned my head away from the congregation as I cried.

I later found out that Ryan also started crying from behind the camera as he was shooting video of the wedding, and so did his mother and probably many others. My dad even told me he teared up.

And, for days following, I started crying at just the mere thought of it. We were just so touched by their thoughtfulness.

Here's another clip of the happy couple walking down the aisle after the Mass, to one of my (and obviously my sister's) favorite songs:



video

14 comments:

  1. That was so sweet! What a blessing to have such a thoughtful sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. K- I LOVED this! I got chills! That was so sweet of A to think of you.

    Also, how perfect is it you guys are into video so you could capture it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was so thoughtful. I would have been crying too! You are blessed to have such a thoughtful sister.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! I don't have life in my womb! She prayed for me too!!! Totally being greedy! Hahaha! How far can we spread that prayer!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your sister looks so much like you, except with blonde hair! Yeah I would have teared up at that, how sweet of her to think of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sew - It WAS for all of you too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's beautiful! I totally cried just watching that short clip. What a thoughtful sister!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was really sweet of your sister, to include that in her wedding. I would have bawled my eyes out! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was so sweet. DH & talked the other day how infertily is never included in our intercession prayers at Mass. Our Liturgical director is great, changes up the Inter. prayers all the time, but just never seems to include those struggling to have children.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just so beautiful, K. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have a wonderful sister. That was so thoughtful of her and it reminds everyone that there are people dealing with IF. And to echo Sew, I'm glad she prayed for me (even indirectly) too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi -- Those were such beautiful intentions! I know you don't know me -- but I'm friends with Sew and Beautiful Day -- so I just happened to click on your blog. I'm getting married in November -- anyway you can get the wording for them and leave me a comment on my blog?? I've listened to the first one over and over and I just want to make sure I have it right. If you could leave a comment on my blog that would be great. allthingsjdh.blogspot.com. And I'll keep you in my prayers!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi! Both of the intentions would be great! I think it would be wonderful to include them in our wedding. Please know that I will be praying for all those that are waiting for motherhood. Please pray for Doug and I as well, as we prepare for our upcoming marriage. We hope to start a family as well and I have already had some fertility testing -- I've got tube issues. So it's scary and I know so many people that have struggled. If you look on my blog, you'll see B from Beautiful Day -- she's one of my best friends and bridesmaids. Small blog world, huh? Through her, I've met N from Sew and D and P from Life Hopes. Thank you so much for the intentions!! It's greatly appreciated!

    ReplyDelete