Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Arts and crafts time

Okay, so this doesn't have much to do with infertility.. but a friend of mine gave me the idea to sew a purse the other day so I set out to do so. I don't know if you knew this, but there's a whole world out there of really trendy sewing patterns and fabrics! I liked picking fabric before, so imagine my excitement at finding out some stores sell really cool fabric (I'm new to sewing, can't you tell?). This purse is an Amy Butler pattern. And if you're into this sort of thing, have you seen this site? That woman is my new favorite person. I'd like to move in with her family.

Anyways, here's my purse:



Well, it's not my purse.. I made it for my sister. Her birthday was Monday. I hope she likes it (and I hope she doesn't know about this blog!). I went pretty colorful with it, but the outside is pretty tame, especially if you remove the bow.

Here's the inside (it's reversible):



Now I have to make one for myself, and my other sister and it might make a good mother's day gift... I have a feeling I'm going to be making more of these.

4 comments:

  1. My 'craft-of-choice' for the last few years has been knitting. But my knitting gals & I are enthralled with Butler, and have been discussing buying sewing machines recently.
    I love your purse - I hope to get a machine for my next birthday and starting making my own.
    Love the blog, btw. Been lurking for a while now. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! That is impressive. I just started sewing too. I like Amy Butler fabrics - I haven't seen patterns yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! After grad school I hope to have my mom teach me to sew!

    Great job!

    ReplyDelete