
Do you know what that is, over there to the left?
It's a clean, clutter-free surface! (and this one in particular was courtesy of my wonderful husband. You should have seen a before shot!)
That's right, we cleaned today for the big home study home visit. We're not done yet, but we're almost there. All we have left are the floors, which we're waiting to do til the last minute.
Can I just say how nice it feels to have a clean house? Most of you probably only know that feeling, but I am not exactly the cleanest person. Well, that sounds bad. I like to think my person is clean, but my house, not so much. I used to think that the negatives of cleaning (the expenditure of time, energy, elbow grease) far outweighed the positives (living in a warm, comfortable environment that is neat, tidy and free of clutter which in turn makes your mind feel neat, tidy and free of clutter). Now I am rethinking that. I just might keep my house clean all the time. It even makes me like our house more and excited to be in it!
And did you know that when you pick up after yourself and take ten minutes to clean each day that you can actually maintain the cleaniness without much effort? What a novel concept!
So...we're almost ready. I might actually post some more pictures on Monday to document the picture-perfect house (actually, it will still be far from perfect. I know too many couples who have gone through this to clean like a crazy person. The secret is out - I know they don't bring white gloves, people).
In other news, we had our monthly infertility support group meeting this morning and we had our biggest turn-out yet - there were six of us there. Each of us has a very different story, we've been going through it different lengths of time, but we all experience very similar emotions, heartache and hardships. It was a good meeting, and it made me realize I am blessed in so many ways - in particular, that both my family and my in-laws are so supportive. I guess I took that for granted, but some people really struggle with that. Really struggle. If you get a chance, please pray for our group.
I am working on yet another apron tonight. This one is just a skirt-type apron, without a top. I'm starting to notice a trend here - I seem to be constantly doing projects and spending WAY less time in front of the t.v. Very unlike me. It makes me wonder if it has something to do with my medication and/or hormones and/or diet. Like, my energy level is finally back to normal, perhaps? I haven't thought about it in a while, but I am way less tired than I used to be and I almost never lay down on the couch (which I used to do for most of the day). Now, I can barely watch an hour program and I get restless. I guess this is a good sign! And also perhaps the reason why I've been cleaning more lately as well!
I'm still excited about finishing up our home study and getting on the waiting list. I haven't really thought about this much yet, but can you believe we'll probably adopt a baby next year? I mean, chances are pretty good that it will happen in 2009. That's pretty exciting, now that I think about it (and now that I'm okay with that concept).
I just continue to pray that God will lead us in the right direction. Lord, help me to discern your will. Keep us on the right path, and if we make a wrong decision, gently guide us back on track. And we just ask that you bring us our babies by whatever means you have planned. Amen!
I'm jealous of your clean house. Mine gets clean... but doesn't stay that way for long. Maybe 'uncluttered' is a better word. And there are always those few areas that haunt me. I guess it doesn't help that I also have a classroom to attempt to keep clean every day! My hubby is AWESOME about picking up clutter though. I feel so much better and accomplish more when the house isn't cluttered. I'm looking forward to Christmas break so I can get the house the way I want it... and then hopefully keep it that way! The 10 minute tip is a great one! The visit is going to go so well for you! I'm so excited for you!
ReplyDeleteI wish I had my energy back to be able to clean my house again! Mop my floors! Oh my gosh! I am so fed up with this, I really am! But this is your blog, not mine, I will vent on mine not yours. :)
ReplyDeleteI hope you homestudy goes great!
I love the idea about the infertility support group!! :) Praying for you!
Great post! I just love the feeling of a clean house... like you said, it makes me like my house even more. It's fun to just sit and sip coffee on the couch and look around at everything clean!
ReplyDeleteI love your little prayer at the end of your post. You have such a great attitude and YES, it is so exciting to think that you will probably become a MOM next year!!! It is clear that God's grace is working through you to prepare your heart for what He has planned. What a gift! I'm so happy for you and I will keep up the prayers.
yes! you could have a baby in your arms next year! how exciting!
ReplyDeleteOk i admit, i love a clean house, but dont' really enjoy cleaning it. See my husband does not clean or do laundry, period!! This is the main thing he and i fight about! But i love to live in a clean house. Since i'm at home all the time, i feel better when it's clean and less distracted by the mess. I have to clean my office, it's really messy and it puts me in a messy/cloudy mood just working in here, maybe today i will do that!!
ReplyDeletegosh, I've been thinking about you!
ReplyDeleteSounds like the house looks wonderful and you're keeping yourself busy!
I just know that God has wonderful things in store. He loves you so and rejoices in your faithfulness!
Be well this week!
Hmmm... I'm not quite ready to start adoption processes, but if a Home Study is what it's gonna take to light a fire under my ass and clean my house, I may just have to sign up for one! I completely feel the same way as you. I like to give the "allusion" of cleanliness and do a real quick sweep of the rooms that are in view when someone comes over. But MAN, you should see our closets and bedrooms! I have absolutely NO motivation to do all that laundry and organize all that clutter! But it's just depressing having all that mess, too. What to do, what to do...
ReplyDeleteI have my meeting about the IF support group with the family life officer Tuesday! I wonder if it's too late to schedule something for this month (I think Christmas time is a really hard time for IF couples). I'll let you know how it goes.
* illusion. Unless I'm trying to allude to some renowned clean house somewhere in the world...
ReplyDeleteOh My Gosh! I just realized that you are going to be a mother - whether biological or through adoption -- very, very soon!
ReplyDeleteI am SO excited for you. It is true, I have known others who have adopted, but I have never felt so excited as I do for you.
I just can't wait to come up and visit this special baby ... (again, whether it's the one you conceive biologically or not ... this child is going to be so special and wonderful).
You have definitely inspired P and I to pursue the adoption process despite any reservations we have had.