Friday, December 28, 2012

Introducing...



Esther Grace Therese
Born December 23
A teeny 5 lbs., 14 oz.

It's official! Well, as official as it can be before it's finalized, which won't be for several more months. It all went very smoothly, to the point that we have already been cleared to leave the state. We had prepared for a wait as long as two weeks!

We are so blessed. So, so blessed. Our little baby girl - who we call Essie, just like my grandmother Esther was called - is the most precious, calm, sweet baby (which is quite a change from our last one). She sleeps, wakes and cries a cute little cry when she's hungry and latches on likes she's been doing it for years. She even latched by herself in the dark last night! Her tongue is tied, though, so she nurses for a long time. But hopefully that will get better after it's fixed.

I also wanted to share something that happened to us right as Essie was being born. We stopped quick for Mass in the middle of Texas and when I took Luke out for being loud, I came upon a large statue in the back of the church. It was Our Lady of Grace, who I had a devotion to throughout this entire adoption journey. And by her side was a vase of roses. Roses, a sign from St. Therese. The two middle names we had already picked out - Grace and Therese - were right there in front of me, just as Essie Grace was being born miles and miles away.


My stress melted away. Okay, maybe that's overstating it, but I did take comfort in that sign. I knew that I would give her the name we had chosen. 

Please continue to pray for her birth mom. She is very, very special and will always be my hero.

We love you, sweet Essie. Welcome to your family :)



 

38 comments:

  1. Beautiful baby and beautiful name!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful Christmas gift! Such a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! She is a tiny little thing! I think that it's just amazing that you are able to nurse her too. I hope that things get better with the tounge tie. I've so enjoyed following your journey to her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet and sweet! A doctor told me my youngest's son's tongue was tied and that they would have to cut it. I did not follow his advice and somehow, it was no longer tied (or in real words, connected too far towards the front of his mouth) and he is a robust nearly 19 year old now.

    I am so excited for all of you - Essie looks like she is fitting in perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations K, Ryan, Clara & Luke! Welcome to the family Essie!!! I've been following your blog since the days before Clara & am over the moon for your entire family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is beautiful watching your grace filled journey with God at the helm. Essie is so sweet, I love her head of hair! Many blessings to your growing family!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful story. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm crying....beautiful story. She is adorable! God bless...and what a perfect name!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely name! You are really a great inspiration to all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So happy for you! Congratulations!!!!! Enjoy her. You have a beautiful family of five!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sweet! Congratulations! We are getting ready to start our second adoption journey. Would you mind telling me if you used an agency and which one you used? If you'd rather email it, my email is mrstdamico@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. So, so beautiful! I love reading about the little signs! Definitely not a coincidence!

    Beautiful family!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations!! Can't believe that you can start heading home!! God is so good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations, what a sweet baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have a beautiful family and are very loved and blessed by God. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  17. God is Good!!

    What a sweet name. What a sweet baby girl!!!

    I look forward to your amazing pictures when you do a photo shoot (which I am sure you are dying to do)!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. She is beautiful! What gorgeous hair! I LOVE her name! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am so happy for you guys, what an amazing gift. She is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yay, so glad you are heading home! I'm dying to hold her! So so precious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a beautiful name to match a beautiful baby!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sweet baby girl!! Congrats to y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  23. So happy for you! So in love with little Essie. What a privilege to meet her and hold her, not to mention how wonderful it was to meet you and the hubs and the kids!!! She is a blessed little girl! Safe travels home!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congratulations! It has been such a joy to watch your family grow... to have dared to imagine three years ago that God would answer your prayers with three babies! God bless you all and safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  25. So awesome! I'm in awe of how much your family has grown since I first "met" you. Just amazing! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  26. LOVE this! She is so beautiful. Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congratulations - she is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congratulations! Her name is just gorgeous, and so is she (that hair!). Esther is a beautiful name and doesn't get nearly enough use any more.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Soo excited to see your beautiful new blessing!! Prayers for your family as you dig into the trenches. It's a lot of work with 3 littles but how quickly they are not so little... blessed, busy days. What a lovely family you are building! :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Congratulations! She is precious and I love her name! Praying for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is so so wonderful! Praise the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Welcome lovely Esther! You have been blessed with a wonderful family!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I think it's time for another update on little Esther. Like that name!

    ReplyDelete
  34. She is perfect! Therese is our girl middle name too.

    ReplyDelete
  35. She's adorable! Congratulations! I love her name.

    ReplyDelete
  36. A friend suggested I check out your blog and I am so glad she did! What beautiful stories! Congratulations!!! I love her name. You don't hear Esther very much and I think Essie is lovely. It reminds me of Meet Me in Saint Louis!

    ReplyDelete