Thursday, December 6, 2012

Adoption

I have alluded to it a little, asked for your very generous prayers, and remained pretty vague thus far, but I thought I'd share just a little more information on the topic.

If all goes as planned, we will welcome Baby #3 sometime in the next month.

This situation happened much like Clara's did. Well, many parts were very different. But, like hers, it was sudden, surprising, and a big old web of grace. 

And we became involved, once again, because of an amazing blogger friend. We should seriously be the poster-family for growing your family with the help of social media!

I just wanted to tell you all about this now, officially, because there has been a lot I've wanted to say about it (obviously this has been a huge part of our lives as of late!) and there has been a lot I've wanted to ask you for advice on too, yet I wanted to keep it quiet for a while. We are working on travel plans right now (the baby will be born many states away from us), as much as you can plan for something like that. We are also nearly home study approved (just waiting for CPS to clear, that is all!), which has been quite a whirlwind. If you had told me six months ago that we'd complete a home study by the end of the year, I would have thought you were totally and utterly crazy. And yet, God continues to surprise me. After Clara and Luke, you'd think that I should expect God's surprises at this point!

Even still, it is hard for me to wrap my mind around the idea that this is happening. At times, it wasn't looking very likely, so we decided to just go as far as God would take us. And here we are, just a few weeks away. Just as with Clara's adoption, my prayer was for God to open doors if this was His will. Well, so far not only have doors swung wide open, but it's like we've been on one of those people-conveyer-belts at the airport. We haven't even had to do the walking. 

So we continue on this path, as far as God will take us. We continue to pray for the mom, the baby girl, and for God's will to be done. We thank you so much for all the prayers you have said for us so far. And if you get a chance this Advent, please say another prayer for this situation if you can.

32 comments:

  1. SO exciting! You will all be in my prayers. Can you believe you are about to become a family of FIVE?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will you be coming to Florida?? I would just love to meet your sweet family. You probably know enough bloggers that no matter which state you travel to-you'll have a friendly face to help you out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, not Florida. Although it seems like there are a lot of bloggers who do adopt from your state! And yes, where we are going there are a few bloggers who I'm excited to meet :)

      Delete
  3. I am so excited for you and know this is just another step in building your family. I cannot wait to hear even more about it and meet this precious little on. It has been such a pleasure to follow you these past couple of years and watch Clara and Luke grow up! Please let us know if you need anything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow wow wow! And what an incredible way to spend your Advent, preparing your heart for this adoption journey.

    Bless you and your family!
    Prayers...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This is exciting and I love how God is working through surprises. Prayers that everything goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So exciting!! I've been praying and will continue to do so!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am happy to offer up prayers for you all! This is very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Prayers coming your way! Someday, when you have time, I'd love to hear about your social media adoption success! :) I'd love to try that route with our next adoption!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad to have good stories about social media!!! Lukie will be the middle of an awesome sister sandwich. So happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so incredibly exciting!! I can't wait to see how it all plays out and to see the this blog full of photos of all three of your children! Praying!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So excited for you! Will be praying!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, great, are we all gonna be stuck to our computers on New Year's Eve again, refreshing your blog all night?!?!?! ;)

    This all seems soooooo familiar!
    Congrats again, and of course, keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe it or not, the due date is the anniversary of the day we met Clara!

      Oh, and just wanted to point out that if I remember correctly, TCIE, you called this over the summer, before we knew anything about it. I think you said you had a feeling something was coming on the horizon for us.

      Delete
    2. hilarious, TCIE! That was totally what happened!

      Delete
  13. Amazing!!!! I can't wait to see how everything unfolds!!!! I'll def be praying!

    ReplyDelete
  14. EEEK! I can't wait to hear more:)! Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So exciting! Any chance this baby will be an Indiana native??

    ReplyDelete
  16. I will say a prayer; so glad you updated and the birthdays look so fun! Can you say a prayer for a family I know from Wisconsin who are in Boston? Their sweet 8th baby was born with a condition I can't pronounce and had surgery Teusday in Boston; yesterday he stopped breathing for awhile and they are asking for prayers and fasting today. Here is their blog: dominicpio.com Thank you! I love reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I found your blog a few days ago. I'm so excited for you--and I'll pray that this adoption goes smoothly for everyone involved.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome! Looking forward to hearing all about this new baby!

    If it happens to be an Ohio baby you have a place you can stay.

    ReplyDelete
  19. wonderful! More prayers coming your way!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hope everything goes wonderfully for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh wow! I had no idea! Congratulations! Can't wait to hear more! (Lots of exclamation points here!)

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is so exciting and amazing! I'll pray that this all works out in your favor!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Praying for you! This is so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  24. woweee wow! so exciting! God is so amazing! praying for you!
    ali

    ReplyDelete
  25. YAY!!! I'm so excited and will continue to pray!!!

    ReplyDelete