Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Birthday fatigue

Birthday week is over in our house. And thank goodness, because I'm pretty much wiped out. 

You would be, too, after watching this for hours... 


Okay, we only stayed about 30 minutes but that was long enough. What is it about bouncy house places? It's Clara's absolute favorite place on earth so we went on her birthday. But my gosh. It is one scary place on a Saturday. Just ask Ryan, who probably won't go back again without first taking a valium.

Case in point, here is our sweet, innocent Luke before he took an elbow to the eye in the "3 and under" bouncy castle...


We can only assume it was an elbow to the eye because, after all, you can't see into those things (except for the toddler one pictured above, which they are NEVER leaving if we go back). Just as Ryan was nearly visibly shaking and begging me to get the kids and leave, we suddenly heard screams. We immediately knew they were Luke, and the next thing I know Ryan is ripping his shoes off (which surprised me that he respected the no-shoe rule) and rescuing him.

He was fine. But I'm not sure his father is.

We had a little party later that day for both of the kids. Here's Clara's cake, which she requested...


Someone remind me to make a cake next year that I don't like. Like a white cake with white frosting, or something involving cinnamon. And most definitely don't let me make this cake, unless I'm trying to bulk up for a movie role around that same time.

It also doesn't help when your husband is starting a weight loss challenge at work and won't eat any of said cake. I love it when I'm the only one eating something so I know exactly how much I've had. That's awesome. At least I've been giving the kids some, but they just aren't putting it away like I'd like them to.

Of course there was a lot of adorable-ness at the party. And more photos for the rehearsal dinner slide show. This might also be perfect for the engagement announcement or the wedding programs. So many options.


We couldn't stop laughing at this one. For some unknown reason, I have been teaching Clara to pose with her hand on her hip. This is her interpretation...


I'm going now to go throw the rest of the cake out. And it's going down the disposal so I can't fish it out of the garbage. NOT that I'd do that. As Clara would say, that's gross.

Oh, and I have a three-year-old. Happy birthday, my little sweet girl!

12 comments:

  1. I was waiting for a picture of Luke sporting his black eye! That will be good for his engagement announcement!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know.. I don't really have a good one. And it didn't become an actual "black eye", thankfully. Just a little bruise.

      Delete
  2. Can't believe my buddy is three!!! Happy birthday Clara!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 3rd birthday Clara!
    Cute pictures!
    I hate throwing away cake!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. O.k. I hardly ever read blogs lately but this post cracked me up!!! Your moon bounce birthday party is hilarious! I am sorry to hear Luke got hit in the eye :( Happy birthday to your little ones!!! They are getting sooo big!
    Crazy :)
    xo
    AWESOME cake by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, awesome cake! I can't keep my hand out of sweets either...can't beleive you have a 2 yr old and a 3 yr old! So awesome. Happy Birthday, Clara!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think we are literally the same person as far as eating goes ...
    Boy do I love a good cake!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday Clara! The pics are cute and made me smile..

    ReplyDelete
  8. I JUST LOVE HER! Happy birthday Clara!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday!!! May you continue to be blessed as you grow

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday!!! May you continue to be blessed as you grow

    ReplyDelete