The other day at moms' group, not one, but two mothers could not tell I was pregnant by looking at me! They were even more surprised to hear I was seven months along.
Since I waited so long to be (and look) pregnant, stuff like that used to bug me, but not anymore. I think it's kind of funny at this point, because at home I act as if my belly is huge! I can't bend over, I can't get up from lying down without a struggle, and if I want a pedicure or shaved legs, Ryan might just have to do it. Oh well. Even if I don't look it, my baby is the size he should be at this point, basketball belly or no basketball belly!
Everyone has told me I should "pop" between weeks 30 and 32, but tomorrow I'll hit 32 and it hasn't happened yet. Well, I think it has, but clearly I'm not at the point where it's obvious to others (but, as a friend said the other day, anyone who knew me before would definitely be able to tell).
It'll happen, but even if it doesn't that's fine (and perhaps less uncomfortable). All I care about is meeting our son. Wow..the thought of that gives me chills. Only 56 days to go!
Speaking of moms' group, Clara loves it. Here she is exploring...
And here she is enjoying one of her favorite pasttimes - playing with her own reflection. Notice how she looks under the mirror for the other baby!
Oh she's just so cute! And I agree with your friend that those that "knew" you (or saw your pictures on the blog) can definitely tell!
ReplyDeleteOh I CAN tell! :)
ReplyDeleteAnd Clara is adorable. It looks like she thinks there's another little friend on the other side of the glass, haha! So cute!
She's thinking, FINALLY someone as cute as me to play with! haha
ReplyDeleteMy pediatrician today told me she didn't know she was pregnant until 17 and 20 weeks with two of her five sons. She said not only did she not have cycles on her own and got preg with one son on depo, but that her cervix is tipped in a way that she grows toward her back, then up, and the finally it shows out the front. She is about 110 lbs so you would think she would show right away, but I guess cervix has a lot to do with it. I think you look pregnant and adorable!
ReplyDeleteI think you look totally pregnant....Can you believe that even strangers say to me, oh I didn't know you were pregnant....Really? :)
ReplyDeleteI just grow double chins for fun! ;)
C-is too cute!
You should get one of those logo shirts that say 'Boy' or 'Caution:Gestating' or 'Give me all your Funnelcakes and no one will get hurt'. Maybe then people will notice that you're 7 months.
ReplyDeleteI really think you look pregnant and beautifully so! I can't believe that.
ReplyDeleteClara is a cutie as always. Love her looking for the other baby.
What a smartie-pants!!!!!!! She is SOOOO cute!!!!
ReplyDeleteI didn't "pop" with my first pregnancy until 2 weeks before she was born. Even then, I didn't look full term when I went into labor.
ReplyDeleteWe have one of the nurses on video whispering to another nurse about how I'm a "poor thing who must be delusional. She thinks she's going to have a baby but obviously she's having a miscarriage." hahahahahahaha My daughter was born 5 hours later and was 6 lbs 10 oz. Kinda big for a miscarriage. :0)
I think you look pregnant in the pictures you posted. Very cutely pregnant, in fact :).
ReplyDeleteLove the video - Clara is hilarious!
I am not sure what crack those moms are smoking but you look VERY pregnant to me!! ha ha!!
ReplyDeleteSeriously, some people are crazy!! Maybe they think they are trying to compliment you? Most women think looking pregnant is not a compliment ( I don't understand it as a former IF-er) but anyways ... you look beautiful!
And Clara is HILARIOUS! I second what barbie said!
I think you look pregnant, and beautifully so! And that video... toooooooooo cute!!! Ahhhh!
ReplyDeleteSew, you are hilarious! The Mom, I can't believe that!
Clara is so cute! Can't wait to see her brother too. :)
ReplyDeleteI can't tell too! Clara is adorable! Aren't babies funny with mirrors!?
ReplyDeleteOh, I think you look so beautiful pregnant and so happy! You are so blessed!
ReplyDeleteHey, would you mind if I asked your opinion on something? Please?
I made the mistake of going to see a fertility specialist and NOT back to my Napro doctor. I've had two visits with the fertility specialist, he did blood work, saw that my estrogen and progesterone are low, heard my complaints about headaches, and he has done NOTHING for me. Zero. Zip. He made a big deal about how he wanted blood work done on me, but still hasn't prescribed anything for me. Meanwhile I'm still suffering with headaches! He also tried to convince me to try donor eggs claiming he is "doing God's work". I told him "No."
He also did an ultrasound and discovered I have three small fibroids and an endometrioma. He told me I don't need surgery though because he thinks I will be going through menopause soon which will shrink everything.
I have the feeling I need to dump this guy and go back and see my Napro. I feel sad and discouraged like nobody can help me or do anything for me.
I really wish the Napro doctor could help me get pregnant. I am despairing of never being able to be a Mother. If only I could get rid of this headaches!!
My email is: prayrosary4life@aol.com
Do you think I ought to dump the fertility specialist? And go back to the napro doctor? That's what I'm thinking!
Thinking of you and praying for you and your family!
May God Bless you!!
Maria
I'm surprised that people can't tell you are pregnant! You look fabulously pregnant.
ReplyDeleteClara is adorable and I think she' going to be a great older sister!