Clara turned nine months the other day, and while I was thinking this age marked when she will have been out of the womb longer than she was in it, I guess I overlooked the fact that she was only in it for roughly 30 weeks! She passed that milestone in July!
She is getting so big. I did her measurements today and she is at exactly the 25th percentile on the growth chart for weight, length and head circumference. And that's compared to full-term babies! She is truly a miracle, because sometimes preemies who were born that early don't catch up until age two. The 25th percentile is pretty good, in my opinion!
She started saying "mama" a few days ago, and while most of the time it is when she's crying ("mmmmmm...mamamamama...mmmmmm...mamamama"), which apparently is a developmental milestone of its own, she also does it when she's happy. This morning she looked at me and squealed, "mama!" It was so exciting!
Here are some pictures from the last couple days:
Friday, September 3, 2010
Nine months
As much as I want to just cuddle her all day long, Clara is not a big cuddler. She's more of a mover and a squirmer. So when she does do it, I like to get evidence! I usually take pictures and send them to her daddy at work, which is what I did with this one last night.
This is from our parish's moms' group the other day. As soon as I set her down, she took off! She loves to crawl and explore. No separation anxiety here!
I'm realizing lately that little girls absolutely love Clara, and she seems pretty into them too! This little cutie was talking very intently to Clara, clearly making some very important plans. Then I watched as she ran to that orange thing in the distance and looked back at Clara, looking very confused as to why she didn't follow. Little Clara just sat there, totally clueless! I had to laugh!
Clara loves her play area, and so do I! It gives me time to get stuff done, when she's in the mood to play in it (which seems to be at least twice a day). And here's what I mentioned the other day - her toys are always up against one of the sides. I hope she's this organized as she gets older!
This is from this morning. I swear she's bigger than she was yesterday! Love you, my little sweet Clara!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am AMAZED by the developmental milestones she's hitting for a preemie!
ReplyDeleteWhat a special girl with special parents!
Love her smile!
Oh my gosh! I love her!!! She is so stinkin cute!!!
ReplyDeleteShe is just adorable! I love how she organizes her toys :) She must have Daddy wrapped around her little finger, huh?
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet little girl! You can tell how happy she is and how happy she makes you & your husband!
ReplyDeleteI love her!! Maybe organizing is a preemie trait -- I love to organize things too!
ReplyDeleteWow!! She is growing up before our very eyes!!! And by the way, even though she's a preemie, she's WAY more advanced than L, who doesn't seem the least bit interested in crawling OR talking anytime soon!!
ReplyDeleteI am so excited to be able to take L to play places like the one in the picture, it looks like so much fun!!
She's doing so great! My son was always in the 25th percentile, and he was full term, so she's doing awesome! Praise God! And I LOVE her running shoes :)
ReplyDeleteLove her!
ReplyDeleteI was looking back at old pictures the other day and came across a few of Clara. She was such a little peanut! It is amazing how far she has come. You are doing a wonderful job nurturing her and helping her grow to be such a beautiful, healthy baby girl!
I love hte pics and captions! The last picture is crazy cute! She's getting SO BIG! She looks like a little girl in that picture! WOAH!
ReplyDeleteAhhh! Love these pictures and the Clara update! What a precious little girl.
ReplyDeleteI think this might be a boy/girl thing - maybe. Madeleine was never much of a cuddler - except now she loves to "get cozy" with me and read books forever. John Paul was WAY more of a cuddly baby!
ReplyDeleteI love taking my kids to those play places too - they have such a great time, then it wears them out and they take great naps ;)
She is just so precious! :) Happy 9 months, sweet girl!
ReplyDeleteHafsa - We actually got them years ago for our dog, but they also sell the exact same thing in Bab.ies R Us. Although I'd price them at pet stores too, maybe they're cheaper there! And they link together pretty tightly, so much so that I'd have to have help getting them undone. But yes, they come like that.
ReplyDeleteAnd let me just say again, I love having it! The best part is C doesn't realize right away she's confined and can move around. It's great!
Clara is a dollface! What a sweetie... Wish we would have seen you all on Wed. I was planning to go with the crew and we got hung up at home! Hope to see you all soon.
ReplyDeleteShe is soo cute!
ReplyDelete