I can't believe that is a post title on this blog. My blog. I know I should've seen this coming for, say, 24 weeks now, but I honestly don't think that, for a while at least, I let myself believe I'd get here.
I have believed it for a while now. I better, since I have a crib sitting in a box in my son's nursery that we'll be putting together this weekend and we're going to a labor and delivery class tomorrow. But even when I started acknowledging the fact that I'd actually be giving birth (which, if you're curious, probably started to feel real around week 19 or 20), the third trimester still seemed so far away. Something that I couldn't imagine happening to me. And the big pregnant belly? I'm getting there, but that is hard to imagine too! Although it becomes a little less difficult to picture every day.
And this surrealness doesn't have anything to do with infertility, at least for me. From what I've experienced and heard from others, I believe it's normal. Pregnancy is mind-blowing. I think it's hard for most people, even fertiles, to wrap their minds around it, especially the first time.
So here I am, so thrilled to be here. I'm 28 weeks and have less than three months to go. Thank you, Lord for getting me this far!
Friday, September 10, 2010
Third trimester
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The last three months went by so quickly for me. Enjoy as you eagerly await your son's arrival. It took me awhile to really feel pregnant and now it seems like such a distant memory.
ReplyDeleteSo...unbelieveable...awesome.
ReplyDeleteFor someone who's been reading your blog for a long time, it's a post title I'm happy to see too :).
ReplyDeleteCongrats on 28 wks!
Congrats!
ReplyDeleteIf I would have read this blog post 4 months ago, I would have probably cried and gotten angry. My reaction to this sort of news/announcement has always been like "well, good for them...I guess God must love them more than me...He has blessed them with an adopted daughter and now they are expecting a son, less than a year later...SO NOT FAIR...why can't I ever be the one rejoicing?!?!"
In fact, it was the end of February this year when my infertile sister-in-law (6 years of TTC) called me to announce their miracle pregnancy (no fertility treatments at all). They had adopted an infant girl less than 18 months earlier when they found out that they were pregnant. When the phone rang that morning and I saw her name, I knew without a doubt what she was calling about. Not sure how I knew, I just did, so I let it go to voicemail. She left a message for me to call her back so I did a few minutes later. She started the conversation "I am not going to beat around the bush...this is the hardest phone call I have ever made...we are pregnant." Of course, since I knew in my heart that this was what she was going to tell me, I was prepared with a "CONGRATUALATIONS" and then after about 2 minutes of talking, I starting crying and said I had to go. She said she understood and we didn't talk until the day we found out about Isabella, 3.5 months later. I cried for 6 straight hours that night. I remember putting on my facebook status that I "had realized that God didn't love me." Such strong words, I know, but I was so mad.
It really amazes me that there are so many infertile women that have such hope and deal with finding out about other couples babies with such grace. I look up to Lauren at Magnify because I really wish I had lived with the same grace that shines forth from her every day. She is amazing!!
I no longer think about or hope for a positive pregnancy test nor a call from our social worker saying they have a baby for us because I have my miracle, Isabella with me now. I have so much joy in my life now and am so happy to be her mama! God has blessed us beyond our wildest dreams! She is perfect! She was definetly worth the 9 years of waiting.
I'm so happy for you :)
ReplyDeleteIt is surreal! So wonderful!!!!!
ReplyDeleteAnd now that you have less than 3 months until the birth of your son, may I be the first to remind you of your promise from long ago, to name any child that sprung forth from your womb: ...
ReplyDeleteMetformin.
:P
You are getting so close to meeting your little boy! How exciting!
ReplyDeleteWoo hoo!! Praying for you K... can't believe you are there either, and so very excited for you to meet your newest little one :)
ReplyDeleteWow, time has just flown by! So so happy and excited for you guys! And I just can't wait to hold your little boy! I know the last three months will zoom by too!
ReplyDeleteCongrats, hun! All of it is so exciting, and you'll have your son in your arms in no time!
ReplyDeleteTICE!! that is so funny! Congrats K! So happy for you!
ReplyDeleteI am so happy for you! :) New life is such a miracle!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on making it to your third trimester! I remember following your blog when we first realized we had secondary infertility. Your blog was really the only one I followed, for some reason, and my husband and I got so excited for you when Clara arrived in your lives. Now a second child! Such a precious gift and we're so thrilled for you :)
ReplyDeleteCongrats on making it to 28 weeks! Praying for the remaining trimester. BTW: Clara is super cute :)
ReplyDeleteSo excited for you!! Triple the blessings to you in the third trimester!! Take care!
ReplyDeleteAs a "fertile" I'd like to thank you for your words. So often many "infertiles" seem to express that women that didn't have to struggle to get pregnant can't grasp the awesomeness of the whole pregnancy experience. It is mind blowing and so special for every one that gets the priveledge of experiencing it. I have several infertile friends in real life and online and they even admit that they can't help but think they appreciate pregnancy more becuase they worked so hard for it. And I'll admit that as a woman, fertile or not, I find it a bit insulting to be told that my pregnancy is any less important to me.
ReplyDeleteAnyway thanks for your words and I think your openmindedness will serve you very well in raising your 2 children!!
So thrilled for you and your growing family! xoxo
ReplyDeleteI have to admit, its a little surreal for me to read this title on your blog, too!!! But surreal in a very, very awesome sort of way!!!
ReplyDeleteI can totally understand how difficult it must have been the past 28 weeks to ever imagine being in the 3rd trimester. It's like, "now THAT'S really pregnant!!!" (I know it makes no sense, but that's how I sometimes catch myself feeling ... as if I"m only a "little" pregnant now, ha ha.)
I am so thrilled and amazed at how beautifully smooth this whole entire pregnancy has gone for you. I know it hasn't been easy, but praise be to God, your little boy is growing every day in your womb.
The other day I happened to glance down at my belly in the shower and noticed the 5 very unattractive scars from my surgeries. I once fretted over them, and wondered what would ever come of all that suffering. I am amazed that there is now a baby growing in my once barren womb ... and yours too!
Oh and we need another belly pic from you!
yea! I can't believe I am in the third trimester either. 30 weeks today! I am just getting to the point where I am not so surprised every time I see a glimpse of myself in a reflection to see that I look pregnant.
ReplyDeleteinallthingsgood.wordpress.com
babydistrict.wordpress.com
Setting up the crib and getting his room ready is such an awesome time! I told my son, (1 year old now) as I was folding his clean laundry, last night that I remember folding his little outfits many summer nights and filling his drawers before he arrived. It was just me and him in the womb, in his nursery, and that is such a sweet memory for me!
ReplyDelete11 weeks!!! wow, K....
ReplyDeletei hope I get to see you before the big day!