Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Home again

We're back from our trip up north and now the great unpacking begins. Well, if you know me, it's a bit of an exaggeration to say it "begins." I'm shooting for some time next week.

We had a great trip and it flew by, as always. And because all I want to do right now is sit in my (relatively) new chair with a blanket and watch TV til Ryan gets home, this will be a quick picture post. And it's also a picture post because I'm excited about my new lens I got for Christmas while I was up there. This lens makes me want to do nothing but take pictures. My poor kids.

You'd never know he has parents who lived in the cold for 30+ years.

Clara, on the other hand.. you'd never know she was born in the South! She couldn't get enough of it. And, who's Caitlin, you ask? That's my sister's snowsuit, circa 1983.

Doesn't this snowman make my babies look big? 

Clara's favorite mid-tantrum past-time of late - planking. Do your two-year-olds do this?

Cousins

And this was one year earlier :)

R got me tix to watch the Cuse, who just happens to be the #1 team in the country. And check out my new lens!!

Visiting with Clara's God-family and another friend's adorable babies

Caleigh loved herself some Luke

Caleigh served as my model one morning

How adorable is she?!

LOVING this lens. Just have to figure out how to actually use it now.

Saying goodbye. What is it about babies hugging and kissing other babies? I can never get enough of it.

Sweetness.

We stopped in NYC to see my brother-in-law. Next time we'll know that kosher delis don't allow sippy cups of milk. They did great milk-less, thankfully.

The kids loved the big city. The last time we were here, it was the day before C was born. Oh, how things have changed.

17 comments:

  1. One day, you gotta write a post on how you travel with them and SURVIVE, lol! We are headed back to Michigan to see family in August and I am already nervous! The plane ride has me nervous but the sleep problem (ie how to get them to sleep in pack in plays in a strange house) has me terrified! These pictures are amazing! Love the planking, lol! And I love seeing babies hugs and kiss too - we have ours do it before bed a lot - TOO CUTE:)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing pictures I REALLY want your camera! Looks like a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Faith.. funny you should mention that! Clara learned how to escape from her pack-n-play on this trip. Tons of fun!! Thankfully she never tried at night, just naps. It was hilarious watching her on the baby monitor. And our secret for traveling (by car, at least) is the ipad. It changed our life. We hook it up to the middle head rest (they're both still rear-facing) and play videos. It's amazing how much easier the trip is now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the new lens! FUN! You make winter look, fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos! What kind of lens is it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pictures! Beautiful babies!

    What type of lense did you get? We are looking for one for my camera and I have no clue where to start.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These pictures are awesome! Your babies are too cute for words, and cousin Caleigh is an adorable model. Yay for photos!
    -January

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pics! The ones of Luke in the snow are so funny.

    Funny thing about those kosher places. I remember when my husband and I were dating and went to a deli one morning for breakfast in Atlanta. He asked for bacon on whatever he was getting, and they said they didn't have bacon, and he asked what about ham, and they said we don't have that either, we're children of Abraham. We both looked at each other like, "huh?" Took me a while, and then I figured out, oh Jewish.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is it a lens with a really low f-stop?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, everyone! It's a low-light lens (yup, that's about all I know about it ;)). I just posted more about it on my other blog: http://ourlifewithclara.blogspot.com/2012/01/shots-from-today.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all your pics! It looks like you had a great vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the pics! Your camera is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome pictures! Makes me really want a new camera!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love all the pics! Looks like the trip was great! You sound like me about the chair and watching TV. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! Great pics! Your kids are always so well dressed!

    Oh and YES other two year olds do the planking thing. Lucy's favorite spot to do it is right in front of the fridge. i thought she was just mimicking CC but maybe it is a universal tantrum position!

    ReplyDelete