Thursday, October 25, 2012

Prayers please

If you get a chance, we could use your prayers. There is a potential adoption situation that we are involved in, but it is still very much up in the air. I really don't know how it will all turn out, but we are just praying, praying, praying that God's will be done.

I wish I could give you more details, but since there are still so many unknowns, that's all I feel comfortable saying for now. Just know I am so appreciative for any prayer you can offer for this situation. Especially for the baby. We just hope and pray this plays out according to God's will, no matter the outcome.

Thank you so much. I just knew I needed to take this prayer intention to all of you, since your prayers are always so powerful.

I am starting a novena to the recently-canonized St. Kateri Tekakwitha. If you feel so inclined, here it is if you'd like to pray it with me:


Kateri, favored child and Lily of the Mohawks, 
I come to seek your intercession in my present need: 

(State your intention here...)
 
I admire the virtues which adorned your soul: 
love of God and neighbor, 
humility, obedience, patience, 
purity and the spirit of sacrifice. 
Help me to imitate your example in my state of life. 
Through the goodness and mercy of God, 
Who has blessed you with so many graces 
which led you to the true faith 
and to a high degree of holiness, 
pray to God for me and help me. 

Obtain for me a very fervent devotion to the Holy Eucharist 
so that I may love Holy Mass as you did 
and receive Holy Communion as often as I can. 
Teach me also to be devoted 
to my crucified Savior as you were, 
that I may cheerfully bear my daily crosses 
for love of Him Who suffered so much for love of me. 
Most of all I beg you to pray for me 
that I may avoid sin, 
lead a holy life and save my soul.  

AMEN 

In Thanksgiving to God for the graces bestowed upon Kateri: 

(Recite the following prayers...)

Our Father...

Hail Mary...

Glory Be... (3 times)

Kateri, Lily of the Mohawks, 
pray for me. 

23 comments:

  1. Thinking and praying so much over here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely! Prayers being offered for this intention!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEAH!!!!!

    You've got me involved praying to our very special Upstate New York Saint!!!!!

    I know you can't share any details but know that you are very much in the hearts of a beloved community of Catholic sisters!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayers are yours, thanks for posting the novena.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prayers for you. I'm not sure what it is about Saint Kateri, but I feel especially drawn to her. Thanks for sharing her novena.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying for you and the baby!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just seeing this now... praying!

    ReplyDelete