*We had a wonderful Mother's Day. We spent the weekend rearranging and de-cluttering our bedroom. It's amazing how something as simple as moving furniture can really energize you!
*I thought a wrap dress would be great for nursing. What I didn't account for was two squirming babies, one who likes to untie things, and that fact that a wrap dress is not a faux-wrap dress. I came dangerously close to exposing myself at Mass on Sunday. Luckily for me, and the entire congregation, that didn't happen.
*Luke apparently has the Coxsackievirus (all he has is a little cough, but that's what the doctor says is going around), which sounds a lot better to me than Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease (which itself sounds better than Hoof and Mouth Disease). Now that I think about it, Coxsackie doesn't exactly sound good, but I grew up not too far from a high school with the same name (which had cute boys, if I remember correctly) so it has an entirely different connotation for me.
*Clara, meanwhile, has a host of illnesses, poor baby. Imagine what a terrible parent I felt like when I took her to the pediatrician the other day. How long has it been going on, asks the doctor. Oh, two weeks. What?? In my defense, she has allergies. And we had been giving her breathing treatments at home, which is what they always say to do when I take her in. I'm not kidding when I say I was afraid the doctor was going to report me when he left the exam room (oh how my mind can wonder!). She's already on the mend, though, and you'd never even know she was sick by her energy level!
*Thank God for chewable Singulair. I no longer have to have carrots spit at me daily.
*I cut Clara's hair for the first time today. Just her bangs, but that was hard enough. When doing any sort of project, I tend to get neurotic about it and attempt to fix it until it's "perfect" and her bangs were no exception. They were pretty crooked after my first attempt so I then chased her around the living room with scissors for the next hour. It's safe to say next time - if there is a next time - I'll be sure to do it right the first time.
*Ryan and I couldn't believe how just trimming Clara's bangs made her look so much older. I swear she was even acting more mature afterwards!
*I saw the endocrinologist for the first time since having Luke. She just read my bloodwork and she didn't even listen to me. "We're going to lower your dose of Synthroid so you can relax and fall asleep easier at night." What? I have low energy, not high. And, lady, I could fall asleep in your office right now if you let me! But apparently my TSH was low, or high, or whatever would make you feel hyper. That's pretty funny because I went to the appointment prepared to tell her how completely exhausted I am all the time. Now I have to decide what to do about this. My old OB/GYN, Dr. B, was great at treating my thyroid and adrenals, but he's two hours away. And he's an OB/GYN. And if I doctor-hop here locally, I'll probably just end up with a doctor just like my current one (who is very sweet, by the way, but that's not the point).
*So I have some news about Ryan, but I can't give it away just yet. But I will say it involves t.v., and something you'll be able to watch (no, he's not interviewing the president again! And it's a one-time thing, not a new job). I'd tell you now, but I want to be 100% sure it's a go before I make the big reveal. But it's safe to say we're very excited over here!
*I know you're all dying for an update on Luke's sleeping habits! Just kidding. There really is no news on that front. He's still not sleeping all that much and is in bed with us for most of the night. Although he did fall asleep ON HIS OWN for a nap three times in the past couple weeks. Each time, music was blaring. Not sure how to recreate that at night (trust me, no one else could sleep with it as loud as he needs it, and I'm sure he'd get sick of it after a few times anyways). For now, we are rejoicing in small victories, and loving on him every chance we get. Sleep is overrated anyways :)
*My heart was heavy yesterday with thoughts of those still waiting to celebrate Mother's Day. I continue to pray that God will heal your wombs and your hearts, and that He will grow your families according to His will.

My TSH has been coming back low for the last few months, which does make you hyper I believe. When my dr lowered my synthroid I actually felt more tired. For now, we are leaving me on the higher dose. In terms of fertility, his thought is it's better to be hyper than hypo. Having said that, before I had my daughter and I tried a higher dose of synthroid, I felt completely exhausted. It's not the case for me now, but sometimes too much can make you tired.
ReplyDeleteSo much going on! Your pictures are adorable:). I love how neither baby is looking - that is how ours go too:). Hope both babies are feeling SO much better and you had a wonderful Mother's Day!
ReplyDeleteSo much going on! Your pictures are adorable:). I love how neither baby is looking - that is how ours go too:). Hope both babies are feeling SO much better and you had a wonderful Mother's Day!
ReplyDeleteI love the updates! Clara looks so adorable, and the haircut story is hilarious!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to hear the big news about Ryan!
Love Clara's bangs as well as the rest of your updates!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for your prayers! Sunday was a tough, tough day and I definitely needed them!
*nice* doctors should be fired. :)
ReplyDeleteUGH TSH is ridiculously overrated. Being tired from thyroid is a form of torture. :)
Did they think that your TSH might be supressed because you are on medication??!!
I can't wait to hear the big news!!! So exciting!!!
Love her bangs and those pictures!! ;)
I have no patience for dumb endocrinologist. ;) Sorry you can delete me. :)
ReplyDeleteFrom someone who's cut crooked bangs before, the solution is scotch tape. Comb her bangs forward and then put a line of tape across the bottom of the bangs so that the ends are taped and the edge it st the line where you want to cut. (It's really easy) Then you just cut along the top of the tape. It doesn't matter if she wiggles because the tape holds the hair and the line straight. There are no pieces to fall into her face because they're stuck to the tape. It's like magic.
ReplyDeleteClara is adorable and her hair doesn't look crooked at all! I can totally imagine the scene where you are chasing her around though and that cracks me up. I often do the same thing when cutting fingernails and putting on clothes! :)
ReplyDeleteLove this update & the thoughtful comment you end it with!
ReplyDeletethyroid being diagnose by TSH when you are on meds is just crazy. I sincerely doubt that you are hyper, you need a new Dr that is willing to look at symptoms instead of TSH alone.
ReplyDeleteyour Mothers Day pics are beautiful, Clara looks so grown up with her hair!
To help baby sleep on his own, may I suggest a sound therapy machine. They have many sound options such as rain, birds chirping, waterfall and my favorite white noise. I have used one with both of my kiddos and they each still use one and are now 2 and 3 years old. My kids are awesome sleepers! It blocks out all of the noise we make and it lulls them to sleep. They can be found at any drug store or Wal-Mart for about $20. Well worth it!
ReplyDeleteLove the photos, your kiddies are growing up so fast. And I love your wrap dress!
ReplyDeleteI love reading the updates! I was wondering if Luke was sleeping better since you said he enjoyed his baby food so much. Last night Joseph slept from 830 pm to 5 am! A dream and I hope it was not a big fluke! Praying that you get some rest even though you all look great in your pictures! Clara is just gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteok, you know you read too many blogs when they start to intersect in real life!
ReplyDeleteI've read Young House Love since they've been under a different name and imagine my surprise when i just clicked over and saw THIS GUY interviewing them!
http://www.younghouselove.com/2011/05/my-mothers-day-proof-im-crazy/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+YoungHouseLove+%28Young+House+Love%29
I just squealed with delight and tried to explain what happened to my husband and now he REALLY thinks I read too many blogs. Hilarious and too cool! Tell your husband I said awesome story...cooler than the President one! (I joke. sort of) :)
I actually made it through Mother's Day without much emotion, which I thought was good. I celebrated my mother and my MIL and we had fun and I really didn't even think about it until later. I'm glad yours went well, though!
ReplyDeleteHi there! I think the last time I checked your blog was to commiserate with you on our non sleeping boys! I'm still in that camp and now my 15 lb 4 month old is too heavy on my arm to rock a thousand times a night:) They'll sleep when they are in college, right?
ReplyDeleteAnd your little girl has grown so much!!!!! What a little lady!