As I was watching Luke in his "Johnny Jump Up" today, excitedly jumping away, I thought about how big he had become. And how, not too long ago, he had been teeny. The size of a grain of rice.
And how even when he was that small, he was always him.
Never someone or something else. To get rid of that clump of tissue would have been to get rid of Luke.
And then there's Clara. She's another story entirely.
It's so easy to judge someone who finds herself in a situation in which a "choice" needs to be made. But no matter what got her there, she chose life.
And that just blows my mind.
Even when she was the size of a grain of rice, she was still Clara.
And if not for a woman's courageous decision, we wouldn't know her. And our lives would never be as fun or as full.
And that's why I'll never get abortion.
Beautifully said!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful! :)
ReplyDeleteLove it. :)
ReplyDeleteBeautifully stated and excellent photography! :)
ReplyDeleteI've said it a million times, but your kids are just so photogenic!
ReplyDeleteThank you, God, for Clara and Luke. Before He formed them in the womb, He knew them.
I understand it. But how I understand it is that those who choose it, or those who defend it, don't understand the truth as you've stated it. To them, it is not a person, and the procedure is merely fixing their "condition" or pregnancy.
ReplyDeleteWhat/Who they are pregant WITH goes unanalyzed... in my opinion, the biggest choice involved is the choice to be in denial.
so true, amazing what a gift life is and how often thrown away without realizing the life that never had a chance to fulfill the purpose given to them by God.
ReplyDeleteI'm so thankful for women that choose life when faced with that choice, our lives too are so blessed with such a decision.
Great blog post!
ReplyDeleteI love those pictures!!! And I LOVE the new look! I am pretty sure my blog will be forever stuck in the 90s ha ha ha bc I am not as good at this kind of stuff as you!
Oh and Clara's hair is adorable. I'm not sure you could mess that head of hair up even if you tried:)
So true, sigh. And the photos are stunning. Sheesh, can you come photograph my kids??
ReplyDeleteAMEN.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous pictures! Amazing!
Great post! Your kids are SUPER CUTE! :)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful post and beautiful pictures. It could easily be an advertisement for Pro-Life!
ReplyDeleteGreat post. And the pictures are amazing!
ReplyDeleteI agree on the pics and post!! I especially LOVE the one of your son sitting up in the grass(you can see his adorable round belly through his shirt) and the last pic of your two sweeties! Beautiful babies!!
ReplyDeleteAmen to that! I just don't get it, either. Never will.
ReplyDeleteI starting thinking a little more about the sin of abortion from God's perspective--rather than my own. I was thinking about how beautiful each soul is to him. Every single one of us is made to experience Divine Union with him on earth, as well as heaven. That means that every single soul has the option of turning into a great Saint like Mother Teresa or Pope John Paul. Can you imagine how much colder our world would be without those two Saints?
ReplyDeleteCould not agree more. :)
ReplyDeleteSo beautifully said. WOW!
ReplyDelete