Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Blogger in labor! *Update*

*Update* Okay, I really don't want to steal Amber's thunder and announce this for her without her knowing, but since you're all waiting and wondering, and I don't want you to worry... I'll just say that the baby is here and it's a girl! So happy for you, Amber! Can't wait to see pictures!!

Please pray for Amber at Fertile Thoughts as she gets ready to meet her baby very soon!

We (me, GIMH, and Amber's sister C) were actually supposed to be having lunch with her right now, but C called this morning to say Amber's water broke overnight. She was initially sent back home to wait for stronger contractions, but the latest news I heard was that she's headed back to the hospital shortly.

I'm so excited to hear the good news and to find out if her little one is a boy or a girl!! I'll keep you updated if I hear anything. And, in the meantime, please offer your prayers for a safe delivery and a healthy baby!

A Prayer to St. Gerard for Safe Delivery

O great Saint Gerard, beloved servant of Jesus Christ, perfect imitator of your meek and humble Savior, and devoted child of Mother of God, enkindle within my heart one spark of that heavenly fire of charity which glowed in your heart and made you an angel of love.

O glorious Saint Gerard, because when falsely accused of crime, you did bear, like your Divine Master, without murmur or complaint, the calumnies of wicked men, you have been raised up by God as the patron and protector of expectant mothers.

Preserve Amber from danger and from the excessive pains accompanying childbirth, and shield the child which she now carries, that it may see the light of day and receive the purifying and life-giving waters of baptism through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

17 comments:

  1. I knew we should have picked Tuesday for lunch...darn it, haha! We are all praying for you Amber!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! I can't sit still when one of my good girlfriends is in labor, it's so intense, painful, and full of excitement and joy all at the same time!!!! Prayers for your dear friend, may her baby have a healthy entrance into the world. What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting. Praying for them right now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks SO much for letting us know, I've been thinking of her so much, checking her blog every day just to see if there's any "news" ... I will be praying all day for her.

    May the Lord strengthen her and protect her and her little one and bring him or her into her arms quickly and safely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness!!!! Thanks for the update K!!! I just said a prayer for her!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! I just said the prayer. Thank you so much for the update! So exciting! Go, Amber!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful - thanks for the update!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Praying and candle lit! Please let us know when you hear more.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Praying for her and her little one! Please let us know as soon as you have an update!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay, Amber!! I'm so happy for you!

    Thanks for the update, K.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Any word yet? Hope you're done and holding your baby, Amber!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats to AMBER!!! Yipee, another girl!!! Praise be to God!!

    ReplyDelete