Thursday, February 18, 2010

Prayers needed

I am writing from the pediatric unit at the hospital. Unfortunately, Clara has RSV and because she is having trouble breathing, she was admitted this afternoon.

I would really appreciate your prayers for her. She is stable right now and is sound asleep. Needless to say, I was very scared this morning when the pediatrician first told me to take her here, but now I realize it's the best thing for her. They'lll take good care of her and make sure she can breathe. As one nurse told me today, as she was suctioning her nose, mucus means a baby can't breathe and without breathing you can't live. I'd rather be here where they will make sure she is getting as much oxygen as possible, than be home and worried about her all night.

I will update when I know more. We should be here about three days and they told me to be prepared for her to get worse before she gets better. I've been asking her patron saints for their intercession and will continue to do so. What great ones she has in her corner!

44 comments:

  1. I'll be praying for little Clara. Just to let you know, a friend of mine, whose little girl is a day younger than my son, had RSV a couple weeks ago and is now home safe & sound. You are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking about you guys today, you'll be in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will be praying! I've had SEVERAL friends whose babies have had RSV in the past few months--it really seems to be going around. After a three or four day stay in the hospital and ongoing breathing treatments at home they have all come through perfectly fine. We'll be hoping for the same for Clara!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely sending prayers to you and Clara! It's so scary to see your child in the hospital, but you are smart to realize that she is in the best place possible. I hope that she is feeling better soon and that you are back home quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor little Clara!!! I'm praying for her! I'll keep her in my intentions when we pray the rosary tonight.

    Btw, I had a dream that I was holding Clara last night! She was so big in my arms and I was telling you how heavy she was! She looked like she did in the photos that I've seen, but all filled out and happy.

    I hope that she gets better quickly and that the nurses and doctors are taking good care of your baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Prayers for a quick and complete recovery for Clara.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been taking care of RSV babies for the last three weeks at the hospital for my nursing internship! Don't worry because the hospital is the best place to help her get through it safely!

    Make sure you tell the staff when she looks and sounds like she's laboring to breath. They can suction her nose and give her breathing treatments to help her feel better!

    I totally know how scary it must be though. I have looked into lots of scared mommy eyes lately and it really does just take time for them to fight it off! I will pray for both you and Clara.

    And definitely don't forget to take care of yourself! Spending all that time in the hospital is brutal on the moms too! So don't let yourself get too run down if possible!

    Hugs and prayers!
    Kacy

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is in our thoughts and prayers! Keep us updated! = )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Praying for baby Clara....

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was about to start a rosary. Will add you, Ryan and Clara to the intentions. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so glad Clara is getting the care she is needing and has your right beside her. Will say some extra prayers for your family tonight.

    Big hugs to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Praying... RSV has been one of my fears with my lil preemie. we've yet to go out in public yet. so scary and i feel for u! many Prayers coming your way! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I will pray! I hear it is a very bad year for RSV. I am sure your sweet girl is in good hands!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Saying a prayer for you....hope Clara gets well soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Prayers for you, Clara and Ryan! I can't imagine how stressful this is on you. I hope she gets better quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  16. RSV is running rampant in Michigan, too. Hope little Clara will be better in no time. I'll be praying for her and you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I will be praying so hard for you and Clara. I know it is so hard when your babies are sick, especially when they have to go to the hospital. I hope she gets better soon! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh little Clara!! I'm so sorry to hear this news and will be offering up prayers all day. You are doing the best thing for her. We've had a lot of friends with babies in the hospital with RSV. Like KC said, they've all come through with shining colors. Clara is a fighter--go sweet girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Saying prayers for little Clara!! It's good that you're at the hospital where they can take good care of her.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Praying for Clara! I hope she's well and home soon.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lots of prayers! It's VERY scary. Our son had it last month. He wasn't admitted to the hospital, but part of me wishes he had been -- it was a LOT to deal with at home. We did round the clock nebulizer treatments for a week, then cut back until eventually he was off them completely. He's doing GREAT now!! Though we are now the proud owners of a fish-mask nebulizer. And try and rest yourself, too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh Clara! I know that it's tough being in the hospital, but it is good you are there. They'll take good care of you and make sure that "breathing always wins!"

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks, everyone! Clara IS a little fighter! She is doing well and her oxygen level has been at 100% all night, even while sleeping. They're going to start weaning her off of it today. She also seems to be responding well to the breathing treatments, and they are going to cutback on them as well. I figure that means we are heading in the right direction! Her appetite has also been great and she is very relieved that they have moved her from pedialite to formula. That just wasn't cutting it for her!

    Thank you so much for your prayers and keep them coming! Clara is so blessed to have so many prayer warriors storming heaven for her!

    And Vent-ilation - we are also the proud owners of a fish-mask nebulizer! Although here at the hospital they used a super tiny dinosaur one that I want for home!

    ReplyDelete
  24. We're praying for clara and you all!!! Poor sweet girl. You're right, she does have some powerful saints in her corner. I hope you all are able to get some rest in the hospital since Clara is in good hands. We missed you last night...but it was totally understandable that you couldn't be there.
    xo,
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  25. Praying that Clara recovers quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  26. God bless little Clara!! Hope she feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I will be praying for quick and smooth healing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh poor Clara, and K and R!!
    My nephew had RSV after he was born -- he is now a rambunctious, healthy 2-year-old. He was in the hospital for almost a week, but it sounds like Clara is already doing MUCH better than him (his oxygen levels were not that high). It is good that you got her in so quickly! My sister wishes she had gone to the hospital sooner with my nephew.
    Praying for you... Lord, have mercy! I'm going to mass tonight and will pray for Clara for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm so sorry to hear that Clara has RSV but am so glad so is doing better already. I will certainly keep all of you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  30. prayers for you all. Take advantage of having nursing care at the ready- you handle the snuggling - and take care of yourself...so you can care for Clara at home.

    ReplyDelete
  31. :( So sorry to hear, that junk is everywhere this season. Charlie had a simialar virus and, even though he is older, he still went to ER and afterhours 2xs for breathing treatments. Terrifying when they can't breathe! She is in good hands and you rest more comfortably then if she was at home right now. Prayers are going out to you and your family. It seriously makes you want to put them in a bubble!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Prayers are headed your way!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I am praying. RSV is a very scary thing, I am sorry you are going through this, but know she's in great hands and she'll be better soon.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh, no. I am so sorry that Clara is sick, but you know you have a whole army of us praying.

    ReplyDelete
  35. i just happen to stumble onto your blog today and OH MY GOODNESS! what a beautiful surprise. and i read some of your posts since Clara joined your fam. i WISH WISH WISH i could convince those struggling with infertility that adoption will change their lives. i wish people could truly see what has happened to this heart of mine because of my boys. adoption is such a miracle and you and i are blessed because of it. i am so happy for you and your husband (and of course clara). i'm adding you to my adoption blog list, if you don't mind. and i will be praying for clara's health and keeping tabs on your sweet family!

    ReplyDelete