Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I ovulate

Well my right ovary, battle-worn and twice reconstructed, is still going strong. It ovulated sometime in the last 24 hours - which also happened to be cycle day 13 or 14 - and I have ultrasound evidence to prove it.

I have been going in for ultrasounds every day since last Friday. The follicle grew at an appropriate rate until it was 25 mm (is that the right unit of measurement?) yesterday and then 15 mm today. I needed to keep going until it had reduced in size by more than 7.5 mm, and it did, so I am done.

Everything looked normal and great. Although the doctor did say that the uterine lining wasn't yet as it should be by ovulation. Something about it having lines or something, which should go away by ovulation. Mine was still there, although it was getting smaller. He didn't act like it was a big deal at all. Sorry if that sounds confusing. For some reason I didn't file those details away in my brain like I should have, but I thought I'd include it in case one of you could make any sense of it.

So that's that. I ovulate. And on cycle day 14! Who knew?! I had ovulation pain late last night, so technically it was probably on cycle day 13. I've also had increasingly peak-type mucus, and none so far today. Could this be a text-book cycle? I'm not getting ahead of myself. I'll probably have great mucus for at least three more days.

I'm still getting my blood drawn every couple days, and I can't wait to see if my levels coincide with ovulation. I have a hunch they won't, but I could be wrong.

Well, I do have a lot more to say, but Clara is starting to wake up so it will have to wait for another post. I hardly ever get on our desk top computer anymore, and while I could post from my phone, I just hate typing with one finger, which is made even more difficult when you are feeding a baby with your other hand. So here I am... extremely over due for an update and with a lot to say. Hopefully it won't be another week before I get a chance to write again!

16 comments:

  1. Of course you would have a textbook cycle when you have an ultrasound series. Gotta love the broken body!

    xxoo! Can you post pics on your other blog of clara during lent. I'm thinking I'm going with Jeremiah and giving up facebook. :) But I'm not sure yet. hahaha Just don't want to miss those pics! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait... can you hear that? That is applause for your ovary coming to you all the way from Ohio. Congrats on a textbook cycle! Oh, and ditto to Sew's request for more pics of Clara on your other blog. Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Congratulations on a text book cycle! That is good news! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's wonderful! And don't forget that you could "actually" ovulate later than the pain/mucus indicate. At least we seem to have this past cycle when we conceived. Strange, but true! Yay! Praying for you! Keep those pics a comin'!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for ovulating! :) When I got an ultrasound last month and finally saw my ovaries for the first time, I said outloud, "Thank God! Proof that they exist!" My doctor laughed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great news! So good to hear an update from you, I am with Sew in loving the updates on Clara!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such great news! Really!
    Can I ask you and any other ladies here who have been to Dr. S in PA some advice? I'm probably going to go see him in a few weeks for my first consult and wasn't sure if I should use my progesterone cream while charting. Should I stop using it for one "cycle" so he can see how my body naturally acts (bleeding every two weeks)? Any suggestions on my first visit? Is it worth going to see him?
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah for the right ovary! Glad you are having a good cycle. I know when I was getting my lining checked, a lot of women were saying you wanted your lining to be at least 8 (mm?)during ovulation.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sew - I will definitely post pics! I am way behind on that blog too.

    And TBHW - I remember hearing that mine was 8! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can't wait to hear the results of all the testing together. Hopefully you were able to use some of that fertile time...:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. TS - He's worth going to for sure.. at least in my opinion. It seems so obvious to have an u/s series done the same cycle as a hormone series, but this will be the first time in five and a half years that I'll have done it. And as for the progesterone, I don't know if it matters to stop it before you go, since he will tell you to stop it during the cycle you get bloodwork and stuff done. I'm sure either way is fine.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, 8 is the uterine lining thickness goal.

    Good news on the ovulation. Did you have the ovarian wedge resection (not sure the accurate name) surgery? Also, how have you been feeling physically? I remember you having some ovarian pain for a few days a few months ago. Has it happened since?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ann - I haven't had any bad pain, but I'm always having very mild discomfort. I'm thinking maybe that's due to adhesions. And I didn't have the wedge resection. Dr. H didn't even mention PCOS when I was his patient.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm glad to hear that you ovulated (on CD 14 no less...awesome)and I'm very curious to see how the results show everything lining up. I hope you have a blessed Lent.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm late on this, but congrats! Things sound good, can't wait to see what the b/w reveals (along with the cm signs).

    ReplyDelete