Friday, November 2, 2012

Update and signs from Our Lady

Thank you so, so much for your prayers for the situation I posted about last week. I knew it would be powerful to get you all on board, all around the country, praying for this intention. But I had no idea we would get wonderful news the very next day. We're still not out of the woods just yet, but the news we got, though unofficial, was surprising and very promising.

That means we are moving full-steam ahead on our home study. We were matched for a possible adoption prior to having done one. Yes, God works in VERY mysterious ways! I should know by now that He builds our family according to His time and will and sometimes that is in ways that were just not on our radar at all. After all, that is how our first two children came to us. While we hoped and prayed for them for many years, we still couldn't have guessed they'd come when and how they did. God definitely likes to keep us on our toes.

So while we always talked about adopting again, we weren't thinking about starting the process this Fall. We actually had no timeline whatsoever for it. Honestly, I had built it up in my mind to be such a long, tiring process (the home study) that who knows when we would have gotten around to starting it. So, yes, God gave us the kick we needed to get going. Thankfully, we listened. And thankfully, my husband has been on board 100-percent.

It turns out that the home study is not the big ordeal that I remember it being. I think the first one is always harder because you are collecting documents for the first time. This time we already have some things, like our marriage certificate, all ready to go from before. Three of the four of us are getting our physicals today (I went early this morning...a HUGE accomplishment for me, since I completely dread going to the doctor) and hopefully our home visits will start soon. We are expediting the home study, so we could be done with it in a month.

If this situation does not work out, then we will at least be home study approved. But, of course, we are praying, praying, praying that it does. Along with praying to St. Kateri, I am also praying for the intercession of Our Lady of Grace. I've had a couple things happen that lead me to her and she's been helping already. As someone recently reminded me, she is always with us. I have definitely felt presence her the past few weeks.

I appreciate any prayers you can offer for this whenever you get a chance. Like I said, it is not set in stone by any means, but it is all in God's hands. I feel such a sense of peace when I think of that. For me, it is easy to really trust that God's will is the best when it comes to adoption. We want what is best for this baby and if that is not with us, then we know that God knows best. My prayer is that His will will be done.

*******

I had already begun a devotion to Our Lady of Grace for a few reasons. One, being she was an eye-witness to our first adoption. If you have followed this blog for a while, you may remember we took a large statue of Our Lady of Grace with us to Louisiana to pick up Clara. It was completely by chance that we had that statue - which moves from family to family - at that very time. So along she came.

Well, the woman in charge of that statue, who I hadn't spoken to in almost three years, called me completely out of the blue the other day. This woman, while I have oddly never met her in person, is one of those people who just exudes holiness. She was so sweet and calming to me on the phone and promised to pray for this situation. I asked for the statue once again, and we will hopefully be getting her in a couple weeks.

Then, I googled Our Lady of Grace and discovered that Our Lady came to St. Catherine Laboure as Our Lady of Grace, and that is the image of Our Lady that is on the Miraculous Medal. I never knew this before the other day, and not only do I wear a Miraculous Medal, but my mother has always had a strong devotion to her, and that is the statue of Our Lady that we have on our mantle.

Just now, I once again googled Our Lady of Grace and came across the image below. It turns out St. Pio had a devotion to her. The description below the image was on the website with it, and I absolutely love it. "...His Mother's milk, which represents grace." Ahhh, I love it. I can't tell you how meaningful that is for me right now. Just another reminder that Our Lady is with us, no matter what happens.

Thank you again for all your prayers. You are all amazing!

  

This image of Our Lady of Grace is painted on the front wall and ceiling behind the altar in the church at San Giovanni Rotondo, Italy, where St. Pio lived.  In this image, the Baby Jesus is trying to give us, also children of His Mother in the order of grace, His Mother’s milk, which represents grace.  In Naju also, Julia saw a vision in which the Blessed Mother was giving abundant quantities of her milk to her spiritual children to nurture their souls and heal their bodies.  The water from the Miraculous Spring in Naju is believed to represent the Blessed Mother’s milk. This reference to the Blessed Mother’s milk as the grace for us is in conformity with the traditional teachings by the Church Doctors and other Saints that the Blessed Mother is the Mediatrix of All Graces.  As Christ, the author of all graces, became incarnate through the Blessed Mother, she is the channel of all the graces that we receive from God.

14 comments:

  1. Soooo excited for you guys!! And I love hearing all the connections. Our Lady of Grace, pray for us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is meant to be, I just know it! Continuing the prayers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. May God's Will be done! Praying your new little bundle joins the family soon!!

    Our Lady of Grace, pray for us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting!!! Keeping you in prayer! It is so wonderful to see the connections to Our Lady of Grace and her watching over you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Continuing to pray! This is so exciting!! :) Our Lady is VERY powerful!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for posting this Karey, I really liked learning more about Our Lady of Grace. I too have loved that name for Our Lady for sometime now. Good luck with the home study, more prayers coming for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah! I get to hear a happy story of your possible adoption AND gain a new image of our Blessed Mother.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is great news! Continued prayers coming from us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So very happy!! And what a great lesson about Our Lady of Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my, I've been so out of the loop! This is so exciting! I will be adding your intention to my prayer list :).

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so excited for you I can hardly stand it! I am so happy you got some promising news!

    ReplyDelete