Sunday, August 22, 2010

Great weekend

First off, can I just say how much I hate titling posts? It might be (I'm sure it is) hormones, but I seriously almost had a meltdown trying to come up with one! So I went with the obvious...

Anyways, about that weekend... I met Amber's baby, and she is just GORGEOUS! Amber looked and sounded great (although the poor thing was about to fall asleep when GIMH and I got to her hospital room!) and I am just so happy for her and her husband (and Aunt C!). After so many years of trying to conceive and knowing all that she has gone through, to see her in her hospital bed with her baby swaddled nearby, it was just so amazing. What an incredible miracle. And I got to hold the beautiful baby girl, which suddenly made it even more real that I'll, God willing, soon be in Amber's place!

Today we bought nursery bedding, a rug and valances for our baby boy's room, which also makes it very real! We got this quilt, and some other pieces that I mixed and matched with it. We got a really great deal on it all (I love floor model rugs [the hanging ones, not the dirty ones that have been trampled on] that get you an extra 20% off!) and now we just have to clear out the guestroom, buy a crib and set everything up. And I'll be doing some artwork for the room like I did for Clara. Hopefully that'll all happen by December.

One not too fun thing that's happening lately is the pain I've been having on my right side is getting worse. Honestly, it feels like trapped gas I've had in the past after surgery. It happens a couple times a day, usually real bad at least once, and if I move around it sometimes gets better. But lately it's taking much longer to ease the pain.

For some reason it doesn't make me nervous (which says a lot for me). I really do think it's gas and after watching this, I'm even more sure of it. Wow, the uterus really smushes the intestines!

I might call my doctor tomorrow just to see if there's anything I can do to ease the pain. And I'm going to try to eat foods that are not gas producing (ya, I eat basically ONLY foods on this list) and see if that helps.

We also tackled some baby-proofing this weekend. Fun! By they way, thank you all so much for your comments on my last post. Your input really helped. So far, we've bought a fireplace guard for the brick (basically just foam pieces that fit over the edges), and we set up the "pen" that will serve as her new play area in our living room (the word pen makes me think of a dog, so I'm calling it her playland. Sounds so much more exciting!). So far she loves it. And I'm so happy and relieved! It's been really nice not having to worry about her getting into something she shouldn't, and I can even run to the bathroom if I have to (which is necessary A LOT).

I will leave you with a video of Clara playing with her best bud, E, yesterday in her new play area (and, as you'll see, I think E is on to the fact that they're fenced in.. hopefully it's a while before Clara realizes this!). I never get tired of watching them interact. I really think they know each other and Clara definitely loves being around other kids. Oh, and watch for E hamming it up for the camera. He flashes the most gorgeous smile every time I aim it at him! I think he's destined to be a movie star, model, or maybe another TV news anchor!

video

9 comments:

  1. Yea, the gas is terribly uncomfortable. I'm right there with ya. Glad everything is coming together for the baby's room and baby proofing. I'm trying to figure out what we will do about the open part of the loft in our place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He LUVS her!!! That was too cute! Love the quilt you bought. Can't wait to see the finished look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I forgot to mention what we did for the fireplace! We made a wood frame.. front and sides... glued foam on it and stapled upholstery material to it. It looks great and doubles as a bench seat! Kind of hard to explain ..maybe I'll post a picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the quilt you chose! I can't wait to see the room. I actually wanted that pattern for my diaper bag but they were on backorder until the fall and I was ordering back in the spring- crazy! E and Clara are too cute- Chaz needs to work on not pushing though, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1) LOVE quilt:) So cute!
    2) Sorry about the gas
    3) Precious video:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable! They are so cute together! Oh, and where did Chaz come from?

    ReplyDelete
  7. The quilt is great! Love PBK! And the babies are so cute playing together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Did you try some simethicone? One of my favorites, you can get it over the counter.

    Glad Amber is doing well! Please tell her I am thinking of her.

    The video is great! Isn't it amazing how everything your baby does is so awesome? Who needs TV?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember that gas... awful!! I love the quilt!! And the video is so stinking cute. Even my 10-year-old son asked to watch it!

    I'm with Barbie... where did Chaz come from?

    ReplyDelete