Sunday, April 11, 2010

Easter vacation and prayer buddy reveal

I am such a bad prayer buddy. And bad blogger in general, since I haven't posted in quite a while. I at least have an excuse for last week - we were on vacation, with my family, at the beach.

We had a wonderful time and Clara loved spending time with her grandparents. Or, I should say, her grandparents loved spending time with her. Because, let's be honest, she would go to strangers right now. I am sure one day she will love us all wholeheartedly, but right now she is so happy she doesn't care who is feeding her or changing her diaper.

I'm just kidding. She reacts to both my mom and dad and I can tell she loves being around them both. She especially has a thing for my dad; she giggles and laughs whenever she is in his presence. It's really adorable.

Anyways, before I do the big reveal, here are some Easter pics, including the obligatory "balcony shots":






I'm not normally a big fan of baby head-bands, but I put it on her that day just for fun, although I don't think I'll be doing it again anytime soon. It left such deep indentation in her poor little scalp that my mother dubbed it her "crown of thorns"!

Okay, back to my prayer buddy. First, I'd like to apologize to her for taking a week to reveal this. I could possibly be the only blogger left, so she might have already figured it out by process of elimination. So without further ado..... it's Brit from Picking Up Our Cross!

I hadn't come across her blog before becoming her prayer buddy, so I was blessed to find it and get to catch up on her old posts. She is such a kind, sweet - and humorous - woman of faith. I prayed for her daily, offering up a nightly Rosary for her (always for her AND Clara, so she was in good company), praying throughout the day whenever I remembered, and at the consecration during Mass.

I have to admit, though, that I was lazy the first part of Lent and felt bad for Brit, that she got a slacker prayer buddy. And then, on the very day that I was feeling particularly guilty about my prayer efforts, I logged on her to blog and read her post from that day, in which she actually wrote "Speaking of lent, my prayer buddy, whoever she may be, is doing a fabulous job." Ha! God sure works in mysterious ways. I felt like it was God's way of showing me He is bigger than my inadequacies. It truly energized me to pray with new vigor for the remainder of Lent (and, on a side note, that particular post of hers was all about, of all things, adoption and how she and her husband had a new perspective and were going to trust in God throughout the process. It was so wonderful to read and I was so happy for them!).

So Brit, I will now be adding you to my side bar and commenting more on your blog, since before I was afraid it would let the cat out of the bag. And, of course, you will continue to be in my prayers.

By the way, has anyone else noticed that a lot of graces and blessings seem to come out of our little prayer buddy circle? I really think this thing is powerful! We definitely need to think about having prayer buddies of Ordinary Time...

14 comments:

  1. K-YOU look so happy, as does Clara!! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks adorable with her shades on :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we can give you a pass on the blogging thing since you are busy being such a good mommy!

    This was my first time with prayer buddies, and I enjoyed reading and learning more about another blogger! I felt a lot of my own personal cloud lift!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to have to back, missed your posts! LOVE the pictures. I can't believe how big she's getting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the balcony shots! So pretty!

    Call me sometime this week...I want to see that sweet girl...and you too, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What gorgeous photos! I think Clara is starting look like her Mum and Dad. So sweet. Glad that you had a blessed Easter! BTW--prayer is always a blessings, even in small doses.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Easter!! I actually had no idea it was you until roughly 3 minutes ago :) Thank you for all of your prayers, we have certainly needed them! This was such an uplifting and wonderful lent, and I think your prayers must have gone straight to His ears some of those tougher days!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Clara looks absolutely beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She is blessed and you both are blessed. Hugs from sunny Chicago.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Clara looks absolutely beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She is blessed and you both are blessed. Hugs from sunny Chicago.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such lovely pictures! Beautiful family!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it! Glad you had a great time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. She's getting so big! She's adorable.

    ReplyDelete