![]() |
| Luke, feigning concern, is actually happy to see someone other than himself messing up a photo for once. |
A first birthday, Christmas, an 8-hour trip up north, a rare day of work (outside the home, that is) and bringing-home-the-bacon for me.
![]() |
| Do I look like I have a lot of information to offer on improving your marriage? |
Fun with my family...
![]() |
| What percentage must be smiling for it to be a success? I'm hoping 33.3. |
Lots of great food, Luke's first college basketball game in which Ryan left the tickets in Virginia but it all turned out fabulously.
![]() |
| He did so great, despite the much-talked-about mascot being on Christmas break. Oops. |
An 8-hour drive back home a day early to miss the Great Storm of 2014, my birthday in which I turned old, and a brand new laptop which also happens to be my FIRST laptop since I started blogging believe it or not and will allow me to blog much, much more. Or so I hope.
Now we're back at home, we seem to have lost our baby and gained a toddler.
A walking toddler, at that. With lots of curls and opinions.
We have more toys than we know what to do with, and I'm pretty sure our house is shrinking. Ryan's working overtime this weekend and I'm hunkering down as if a snow storm is coming, stocking up on bread and milk and processed food because I'm not leaving the house with these kids except for Mass.
So it's kind of been survival mode over here in recent weeks. It's in a good way, but still survival mode.
A complete lack of anything that resembles normalcy means school has taken a back seat to the craziness. That worries me, because there will always be craziness. I also haven't seen the inside of a gym in weeks.
Life will get back to normal soon. I think. And then I'll be longing for a little crazy to shake things up.
![]() |
| "You want the shot, the apple stays." |
A walking toddler, at that. With lots of curls and opinions.
![]() |
| Please ignore the fact that my daughter is in the fireplace. It's clean and non-working. I swear. |
We have more toys than we know what to do with, and I'm pretty sure our house is shrinking. Ryan's working overtime this weekend and I'm hunkering down as if a snow storm is coming, stocking up on bread and milk and processed food because I'm not leaving the house with these kids except for Mass.
![]() |
| Our little southerners. Pretty sure Luke is sock-less. |
So it's kind of been survival mode over here in recent weeks. It's in a good way, but still survival mode.
A complete lack of anything that resembles normalcy means school has taken a back seat to the craziness. That worries me, because there will always be craziness. I also haven't seen the inside of a gym in weeks.
Life will get back to normal soon. I think. And then I'll be longing for a little crazy to shake things up.







I am new to your blog and have been completely won over by the child in the fireplace!
ReplyDelete:) She has that effect on people. Welcome!
DeleteHappy Epiphany! Thanks for all the great photos.
ReplyDeletePretty sure the extent of Essie's smile brings that percentage up to 50 regardless of the other kids! ;)
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday!
Such cute pics! Hope Mass went okay today...I was thinking of you! And Essie eats apples now?! Ahhh, she's getting to be such a big girl!
ReplyDeleteEssie's HUGE smile makes up for the 66.6% that aren't smiling. ;)
ReplyDelete