Thursday, September 12, 2013

Celebrate good times

It's been a while! I hate to let so much time pass without checking in here, but there are just no free moments anymore. This blog began to suffer when I took up photography. But it's growing cobwebs now thanks to something I thought I'd never do again - running.

I started about a month ago when we were visiting my parents and couldn't go to the gym. I ran cross-country in high school, but as soon as it was over I swore I'd never run again. Ugh. But here I am, running every day (except for two days in the past month!), including a few 5Ks every week.

Ugh.

I'm still waiting for that runner's high everyone talks about. I guess mine comes when I dive into my frozen yogurt cone I eat every night, thanks to all those extra calories I earned. The weight is coming off at a snail's pace, but I can't complain. Down 23 pounds now and fitting into clothes that had been tucked away in the attic.

Enough about physical fitness.

The dessert party for my parents' 40th wedding anniversary was a blast.

The happy couple even let me take some rare photos of them...

Notice Luke stuck, dangling from the swing behind them.
My nuclear family, all together for a photo..
 

 The desserts were a hit...

 
 Also a hit - the photobooth...



I just had to throw this picture in - my parents on their wedding day, with my dad's parents, including my grandmother Esther. Wasn't she beautiful and completely elegant?


Once back from New York, we had some anniversary celebrating of our own to do. It was nine years on September 4. Just four years ago, I would have never thought we'd have three babies in this photo with us...


I'm so blessed to be married to such a wonderful, hard-working and loving man. The babies and I really hit the jackpot.

The other big news around here is that the girls now officially share a room. This past weekend we finally converted the crib back to an actual crib, but we weren't sure exactly when Essie would be actually sleeping it (she had been in a pack and play in our room).

Clara watched on Sunday as Ryan got the crib all ready. Then, at bedtime, she sweetly and excitedly asked if Essie would be sleeping in her room that night. "No," Ryan told her. "Not just yet. The mattress still needs a sheet." Of course, that was just an excuse while we assessed the situation for a few more days. Ten minutes later, though, when we thought she was sleeping, Clara called us to her room. She proudly showed us she had gently laid a blanket out on the mattress. "See, Daddy? It's all ready for Essie now!"

We couldn't resist, and Essie has slept in "their" room every night since.


I mean, I get it. Who wouldn't want to share a room with this girl???


Oh, and speaking of this sweet thing, her adoption is final! How could I forget that??

I took this to commemorate the day...

This gorgeous dress was on clearance at a consignment shop for $5!!

And this is us out celebrating with my family (we heard while in NY so my parents treated the entire family to a dinner in Essie's honor)...


And because I can't not include this... It's Essie on her 8 month birthday...


That FACE!

Well I still write posts in my head every day so hopefully I'll be back here in the next few days. I know, I know. You are all anxiously waiting. If anyone even still checks in here!

14 comments:

  1. Your pictures keep me coming back! :) Such a beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on adoption!

    Great pics! Was wondering when you were going to post!

    Luke cracks me up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Congrats on the finalization! Great news. Ohhh that dessert bar, yummy! Congrats to you and your parents!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! So many wonderful things to celebrate!!! Congrats on the anniversary, on Essie, and celebrating your parents as well! Oh and the weight loss and running!! I am SOO impressed. You look gorgeous in all the pics and take after your mother for sure (a compliment!!).

    I love all these pics. I have been missing your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wanna eat Essie. Just had to add that. She might be the cutest baby I have ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a awesome post! Congrats on Essie's adoptio, your anniversary and your running!
    I love all your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I look forward to your posts no matter how far and few between! So cute of a family you have! What an adorable post. Congratulations on finalizing! I didn't even realize I was carrying a weight with mine until we finalized and at lunch right after, I just felt like this huge stress had been lifted. I look forward to watching your family grow. You are always such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all the pics! So inspiring about the running! You go!
    Love the photo booth.

    Happy anniverry! We also just celebrated 9 yrs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing pictures. Congrats on finalization!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Even though I'm usually up to date on what you're up to, I still love your posts...keep 'em coming! :) Congrats on the running...what an accomplishment...you look amazing! xo.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Happy Anniversary! Happy Gotcha Day! You all look great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks like you guys have done a lot of celebrating!! Love all the pictures. You look great K!

    ReplyDelete