Saturday, September 1, 2012

Extended trip

Our week-long visit to my parents turned into a two-week long stay for me and the kids. Ryan was kind enough to offer to drive home for work this past week and come back and get us today.

That means we got a lot of time to relax, play, and spend quality time with Nana and Boppy. And I was able to not do laundry, cook or clean. It was much needed, and I don't know that I'm ready to return to normal life yet. But we are all super excited to see Ryan in a few hours, so that will ease the transition.

What I have done the past two weeks is take pictures. Lots of them. Ryan is always telling me to just enjoy what we're doing instead of worrying about capturing it in photos. But I looooove to capture it in photos. I just do. I try to maintain a balance, but this week was great because we were just hanging out. So lots of time for portraits, candids, and excruciatingly difficult group cousin shots. I've decided we need some older cousins to hold the babies. That would make life a lot easier ;)

Here are some of my favorite shots. I can only imagine how much fun I'll have when these kids actually like having their picture taken. That will happen one day, right???




Our whole family at my mother's surprise retirement party

Our wedding reception was held in the building behind us (Farmers' Museum, Cooperstown, NY)












In front of their great-grandmother's memorial tree in my parent's backyard

I love this, but I wish it wasn't followed by a bite (which now you can easily picture, right?)






I'm going to miss all the great photo ops, pretty backdrops, and photogenic cousins. And, of course, my family. I just know my kids are going to go through withdrawal from their grandparents and especially their playmate, cousin Caleigh. I really wished we lived closer, but it's just not possible. So, instead, I am thankful for fun-filled, extended visits like this one :)

13 comments:

  1. Looks like a blast! Love the pictures. Really truly beautiful pictures. Thank God for family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww very sweet. Family is so special. I'm glad you got to downs time with them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I've loved following all the photos and am happy to see them once again. :) One day you didn't post any on fb and I was thinking, "Oh what were they up to today? Maybe it was rainy." Haha...thankfully you won't think I'm stalker since we know each other. Actually, I have a subject that I'd love for you to take some pics of when you get home!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know we have to strike a balance with just living in/enjoying the moment but I have to say, the more photos you take, the better photographer you become and the more familiar you are with your camera and its settings. You're doing a fabulous job and you'll appreciate these photos all the more in the years to come. My own camera has seen limited use in recent months--mostly because I can't juggle it and three kids...and because my iPhone takes decent enough point-and-shoot candids. You've inspired me to dust off my DSLR and start using it again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can NOT pick a favorite picture! They are all amazing and show the beauty and love in your kids lives!!!

    Sounds like a fun time in NY!

    I am wondering if you got my email about stopping by for a visit at then end of the month?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Beautiful!! thanks for sharing, what a georgous family!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clara is such a beautiful little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All the kids are beautiful. You took some wonderful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all your photos!!! What a great time you had!! That last photo of Miss Clara belongs in a magazine!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I devoured these pics! Loved every single one of them!
    Your children are so beautiful!! (and cousins too!)

    I am so glad you got a little bit of a break. It helps soo much not to have to worry about every single meal, dishes, diaper changes, etc. I think that can take a toll on anyone! Call sometime so we can catch up! Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like a beautiful trip. Your photography is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So you haven't posted in a bit. And there is a trend in my Google Reader right now with bloggers just kind of disappearing for a bit only to resurface and announce that they are expecting #3. I am truly hoping (and praying) that is the situation for you and your beautiful family. And if it's not, I am praying that God grant you the strength to trust His infinite wisdom. Best wishes and hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks. I'm not pregnant (although I agree about all the bloggers - it seems like everyone else is these days!). I'm just trying to regroup after battling anxiety and not being completely sure it's gone yet. Thanks so much for your prayers!

      Delete