I'm so glad you got the glider and like it! It looks awesome in that room! AND those pictures above the crib are GORGEOUS! Maybe you should start doing custom nursery paintings!
I looooove the last picture- she is gorgeous! You look beautiful as a mom :)
wow, are you sure you didn't have 9 months to work on that nursery ... because it looks AMAZING! So glad the glider arrived. Everything looks so great, and I love your paintings.
I thought "she painted those" and I was right! They are so cute and really go with the theme you picked out.
I remember the time I spent in PB Kids, before our adoption went south. My MIL had given me a gift certificate and I found the most adorable crib skirt ON SALE, and then had about $7 leftover on the giftcard. Not really enough to get anything else and I was so excited to be buying baby things, I was just in the best mood. So I turned to the lady behind me and gave it to her. She looked flabbergasted, but gladly took it.
I still have the crib skirt in case we get matched with another girl, but our room is turquoise so we can be ready for either gender.
The nursery is so cute, and what a little peanut inside the baby sling...adorable!! AYWH, I also love your dress. It looks comfortable while also being stylish.
I keep coming back to look at that last picture of Clara... omgosh, BEST PICTURE EVER!!!! Forget all the others' advice about not waking her up, I'd be waking her up non-stop to kiss those little cheeks!!!
she's so tiny and cute. and you are WAAAAAAAAAAAY more dressed up than I ever was staying home (on maternity leave!)I don't even look that good going to work every day.
Love the nursery. Sooo cute! I am amazed at how put together it looks - you would think you had months to plan. You and that baby look beautiful together. So glad that so much of your suffering has been lifted and that you are really taking in being a Mom to Clara. Love that last photo of her!
OK, so it's been driving me crazy and I had to do the math today and figure out just what was going on in Mommy's life around the time her sweet Clara came into the world through conception. (I worked it out based on her bday being 30 wks, which would make Feb 10th her 40 wk gestation EDD... and from that, May 20th 2009 is a very close ETC.)
How beautiful! The day before "probable" conception, your soul was preparing for her through the prayers for humility!!! You also took several trips to holy shrines that month, namely Blessed Kateri, and were a sponsor for that Confirmation candidate right around that time...
I love it!!!
You also posted several days after this about a "New Phase" of your journey :) It certainly was!!
TCIE - Thanks for looking that up! Now that I think about it, 2009 wasn't all hard. Actually, the first few months were fine. I was hopeful and felt like I was really on an upswing. But then, sometime in the spring, is when despair set in and it stayed with me until early afternoon of Dec. 31. Perhaps it was some sort of spiritual pregnancy.. I don't know! All I know is that it definitely is true what they say - that the light follows the darkness. There is still a lot of reflecting I need to do on this!
OK, I have to know - how on EARTH did you get the loveliest, most amazing nursery decorated, furnished, and PAINTED (?!) in approximately zero time? Also, the glider looks awesome, which I can say totally un-biased-ly, since I didn't know anything about it. You are very impressive.
TCIE, I am so thankful you called my attn to these posts from the past, before I had "met" K and everyone. How neat to see it all in retrospect...and how it all fell into place!
Okay- so can you imagine my SHOCKING SURPRISE to come here and see this? I was like, what is going on? I've been away for a few weeks and the biggest miracle has taken place! OMG! The last time I was here reading about how down you were and it truly broke me and now I see that God did have a plan, even though we couldn't see it, right around the corner. This is exactly what they mean when they say DON'T see things in the physical, look into the spiritual-the super natural. Have faith, faith being the substance of things hoped for but NOT seen.
God is so good.
I am so happy for you! OMG! I'm doing the happy dance!
So sorry that I missed a vital part of the journey as it was unfolding but I sure was glad to pop in here now.
I wish I had 1/10 of your decorating talent, let alone ambition! How on earth did you manage to get that nursery decorated so quickly and so perfectly in so little time? It could (and should) be submitted into a home dec magazine.
Clara is getting more beautiful by the day! Looks like she is chunking up beautifully under your care!
What a gorgeous nursery!!! I LOVE the paintings that you did above her crib! They are beautiful! I just ordered Jackson's bedding from Pottery Barn for his "big boy" bed and would LOVE to pay you to paint something similiar for his room. His theme is baseball! I know you are probably crazy tired and loving every minute with your precious baby girl so no rush! Just let me know if you would be interested!!!! Still so happy for you and your new family! It brings such a smile to my face and joy to my day when I check in and see just how wonderful things are in your world!!!
You are putting all of the new moms to shame by looking that incredible with a newborn! You must have missed the "mandatory sweats for the 1st month rule" : ) Beautiful nursery! And the most stunning daughter!
Your nursery is so lovely! One teensy suggestion: I keep the diaper champ outside of baby's room in the hallway. I've found that it can emit some pretty dreadful odors, even when closed properly, and I would not want to sleep with that type of aroma drifting through my bedroom air!
The Baby is a beautiful angel!!! I just started a new blog and I wanted to invite you to it at http://laughoutloud4life.blogspot.com/ I thought I would write another one instead of just my infertility one. Congrats on the beautiful child! The Lord is amazing in what He can do!
What a gorgeous room K!!!! Little Clara is one lucky lady to have such a great nursery!
ReplyDeleteAHHHH!!! This is my favorite picture of her YET!!! SO STINKING CUTE!!!
ReplyDeleteAnd I'm so glad the glider looks so freaking awesome in that room, yippee!!
That glider looks great! I'm so happy it got there!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteThat nursery is AWESOME!!!!!!!!! I love, love, love, love it!!
Did you paint those pictures?
ReplyDeleteLove it!
ReplyDelete:)
Yes, I painted them. Thank goodness my mother-in-law was here to watch the baby while I did my little project!
ReplyDeleteThank you all again for the glider! It's amazing! It's like sitting on clouds!!
The nursery looks awesome! I'm glad you like the glider.
ReplyDeleteLove that pic of Clara, she is such a cutie!
I LOVE the nursery! So glad you got the glider, was just asking A about it today I was so excited!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you got the glider and like it! It looks awesome in that room! AND those pictures above the crib are GORGEOUS! Maybe you should start doing custom nursery paintings!
ReplyDeleteI looooove the last picture- she is gorgeous! You look beautiful as a mom :)
wow, are you sure you didn't have 9 months to work on that nursery ... because it looks AMAZING!
ReplyDeleteSo glad the glider arrived. Everything looks so great, and I love your paintings.
I thought "she painted those" and I was right! They are so cute and really go with the theme you picked out.
ReplyDeleteI remember the time I spent in PB Kids, before our adoption went south. My MIL had given me a gift certificate and I found the most adorable crib skirt ON SALE, and then had about $7 leftover on the giftcard. Not really enough to get anything else and I was so excited to be buying baby things, I was just in the best mood. So I turned to the lady behind me and gave it to her. She looked flabbergasted, but gladly took it.
I still have the crib skirt in case we get matched with another girl, but our room is turquoise so we can be ready for either gender.
Oh, and I love your sling!
running out the door but OBSESSED with the sling... love it all.
ReplyDeleteyou're so cute!!!
You pictures are beautiful! So talented!
ReplyDeleteAdorable! Everything looks GREAT and you two are both too cute for words!
ReplyDeleteIt looks perfect and oh, so different than the prayer room! So glad you spent that time praying for her!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful investment of your time!
She looks so pretty in the last one!
The glider matches perfectly! Good job TCIE! :)
ReplyDeleteThe room looks amazing, K! Love it!
Beautuful nursery to match your beautiful daughter! I LOVE that last picture of her - just melted my heart!
ReplyDeleteThe nursery is so cute, and what a little peanut inside the baby sling...adorable!! AYWH, I also love your dress. It looks comfortable while also being stylish.
ReplyDeleteI just noticed that your about you has changed to "stay at home mom"!!! How awesome is that!? :-D
ReplyDeleteI keep coming back to look at that last picture of Clara... omgosh, BEST PICTURE EVER!!!! Forget all the others' advice about not waking her up, I'd be waking her up non-stop to kiss those little cheeks!!!
ReplyDeleteThe nursery is beautiful! The paintings you did are great. Clara is so blessed to have such a talented mommy.
ReplyDeleteHonestly, one of the prettiest nurseries I have ever seen. Matches the beauty of mother and daughter!
ReplyDeleteI think your nursery needs to appear on the cover of Pottery Barn!
ReplyDeleteSo glad you liked the glider. :) Way to go, TCIE!
Great nursery! and I agree with TCIE, best pic of her yet! just adorable!
ReplyDeleteThe nursery is beautiful and the glider is perfect in there! Congrats again and can't wait to see more adorable pics!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous, gorgeous room!
ReplyDeleteWhere did you get/find your nursery bedding and those pictures?!?!
Oh, I should have read the comments first! You are a talented lady!
ReplyDeleteBut I still want to know where the bedding is from! :)
she's so tiny and cute. and you are WAAAAAAAAAAAY more dressed up than I ever was staying home (on maternity leave!)I don't even look that good going to work every day.
ReplyDeleteThanks everyone!!
ReplyDeleteKatie - The bedding is from Pottery Barn Kids.
BuckeyeNP - That dress is like wearing sweats!! Seriously, it's SO comfortable. I have two in different colors and wear them all the time!
that nursery is absolutely to die for... and you look like you're glowing!
ReplyDeleteI still can't believe this is happening!!! God is good!
Love the nursery. Sooo cute! I am amazed at how put together it looks - you would think you had months to plan. You and that baby look beautiful together. So glad that so much of your suffering has been lifted and that you are really taking in being a Mom to Clara. Love that last photo of her!
ReplyDeleteOK, so it's been driving me crazy and I had to do the math today and figure out just what was going on in Mommy's life around the time her sweet Clara came into the world through conception.
ReplyDelete(I worked it out based on her bday being 30 wks, which would make Feb 10th her 40 wk gestation EDD... and from that, May 20th 2009 is a very close ETC.)
Well, on May 19th, this is what Mommy posted:
http://allyouwhohope.blogspot.com/2009/05/humility.html
How beautiful! The day before "probable" conception, your soul was preparing for her through the prayers for humility!!!
You also took several trips to holy shrines that month, namely Blessed Kateri, and were a sponsor for that Confirmation candidate right around that time...
I love it!!!
You also posted several days after this about a "New Phase" of your journey :) It certainly was!!
And here's another very interesting post, where God was preparing your heart for adoption just days before he placed Clara in the womb of her bmom:
ReplyDeletehttp://allyouwhohope.blogspot.com/2009/05/be-careful-what-you-pray-for.html
Amazing. Simply. Amazing.
(I also had to lol at my comment on this post... which I made just 1 month before our adoption HS was denied. I guess I survived it, though!)
TCIE - Thanks for looking that up! Now that I think about it, 2009 wasn't all hard. Actually, the first few months were fine. I was hopeful and felt like I was really on an upswing. But then, sometime in the spring, is when despair set in and it stayed with me until early afternoon of Dec. 31. Perhaps it was some sort of spiritual pregnancy.. I don't know! All I know is that it definitely is true what they say - that the light follows the darkness. There is still a lot of reflecting I need to do on this!
ReplyDeleteOK, I have to know - how on EARTH did you get the loveliest, most amazing nursery decorated, furnished, and PAINTED (?!) in approximately zero time? Also, the glider looks awesome, which I can say totally un-biased-ly, since I didn't know anything about it. You are very impressive.
ReplyDeleteTCIE, I am so thankful you called my attn to these posts from the past, before I had "met" K and everyone. How neat to see it all in retrospect...and how it all fell into place!
ReplyDeleteOkay- so can you imagine my SHOCKING SURPRISE to come here and see this? I was like, what is going on? I've been away for a few weeks and the biggest miracle has taken place! OMG! The last time I was here reading about how down you were and it truly broke me and now I see that God did have a plan, even though we couldn't see it, right around the corner. This is exactly what they mean when they say DON'T see things in the physical, look into the spiritual-the super natural. Have faith, faith being the substance of things hoped for but NOT seen.
ReplyDeleteGod is so good.
I am so happy for you! OMG! I'm doing the happy dance!
So sorry that I missed a vital part of the journey as it was unfolding but I sure was glad to pop in here now.
Welcome to mommy hood sweet friend.
I wish I had 1/10 of your decorating talent, let alone ambition! How on earth did you manage to get that nursery decorated so quickly and so perfectly in so little time? It could (and should) be submitted into a home dec magazine.
ReplyDeleteClara is getting more beautiful by the day! Looks like she is chunking up beautifully under your care!
What a gorgeous nursery!!! I LOVE the paintings that you did above her crib! They are beautiful! I just ordered Jackson's bedding from Pottery Barn for his "big boy" bed and would LOVE to pay you to paint something similiar for his room. His theme is baseball! I know you are probably crazy tired and loving every minute with your precious baby girl so no rush! Just let me know if you would be interested!!!! Still so happy for you and your new family! It brings such a smile to my face and joy to my day when I check in and see just how wonderful things are in your world!!!
ReplyDeletegorgeous job decorating, you did an excellent job!!!!
ReplyDeleteLove the nursery! And REALLY love the sling. Where did you get it? Or did you make it? I love the fabric! So cute.
ReplyDeleteThe nursery is gorgeous, I love it! (Especially the green for the walls!)
ReplyDeleteYou look so happy and I'm pretty sure Clara gets cuter with every pic!
The nursery is just beautiful! It's so peaceful looking, and so girly too :).
ReplyDeleteI'm glad the glider matched the room so well!
And I LOVE that picture of Clara - so, so cute!!!
You are putting all of the new moms to shame by looking that incredible with a newborn! You must have missed the "mandatory sweats for the 1st month rule" : ) Beautiful nursery! And the most stunning daughter!
ReplyDeleteShe is so darn cute! I love this pic of her!!!
ReplyDeleteYour nursery is so lovely!
ReplyDeleteOne teensy suggestion: I keep the diaper champ outside of baby's room in the hallway. I've found that it can emit some pretty dreadful odors, even when closed properly, and I would not want to sleep with that type of aroma drifting through my bedroom air!
The Baby is a beautiful angel!!! I just started a new blog and I wanted to invite you to it at http://laughoutloud4life.blogspot.com/ I thought I would write another one instead of just my infertility one. Congrats on the beautiful child! The Lord is amazing in what He can do!
ReplyDeletei've got the joy joy joy joy down in my heart......
ReplyDelete:)
I love the room. Your paintings are lovely. You and Clara look fabulous, and I love the sling.
ReplyDeleteThe nursery is jusr beautiful!!! You are so talented, I love the paintings and the glider, it all looks so beautiful together.
ReplyDeleteYou are glowing!