Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Loving every minute

I'm a tad bit nervous tonight because my iPhone is on the fritz. I'm hoping it just needs to dry out (we suspect it got some water in it) and everything will be okay, although one fix I found online actually calls for wrapping it in a towel and putting it in the oven on low heat. I'm hoping it doesn't come to that. I'm still able to use it (hence this post) but I have to turn the entire phone off to move between apps. Not terrible, just annoying. And I'm just hoping it doesn't get worse and cut me off from the internet entirely. That would NOT be good.

Speaking of water, we spent a couple hours at our friend's pool early this afternoon. Being out in the 100-plus degree temperatures can be risky for a non-pregnant person but, in my experience, it was even more difficult in my current state (and probably not too smart). I had some trouble breathing near the end and when we had lunch outside I found it really hard to eat.

I'm actually finding it hard to eat in general these days. Not every meal, but once in a while. As I told Ryan today, "it just feels like something's right here (pointing to baby bump), pressing on me"! Haha.. I wonder what that could be!

I love that I finally feel pregnant. I love that my stomach gets in the way (and I know this is only the very beginning). I love that I'm not comfortable in my regular clothes anymore and I have to wear Ryan's to bed. I love that I feel the baby off and on throughout the day. It's so reassuring.

So I have a bunch of pictures to post but that's pretty difficult these days. So, for now, here are a couple from this past weekend (posted with Ryan's help!):


The babies were SO good at their first major league baseball game. And Clara even got to see her favorite team win!

Have I mentioned how much I love that little girl? I just can't get enough of her. Her smile, her laugh, her love of doing raspberries and sticking her tongue out. She brings me constant joy, even when she's screaming and crying and I just want to take a nap. And when I finally put her down at night, I miss her sweet little face. Until we hear her talking away to herself in her crib the next morning and we find her laying there, looking up at us with a huge grin on her face.

I can't even imagine having two at this point. Yes, it'll be a lot of work, but if Baby #2 is anything like Clara, my heart will absolutely overflow!

19 comments:

  1. This post is so beautiful! Isn't feeling the baby, the best! It's by far my favorite part of being pregnant.
    Clara and this new baby are going to be the best of friends being so close in age. And when they start playing together two is often easier than one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. put your phone in dry rice overnight! Apparently it works to suck out the moisture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I told GIMH, I look forward to receiving my invitation to C and E's wedding in about 25 years! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hebrews 11:1...I was thinking the same thing when I saw all those pics! Future lovebirds!!

    I've heard the rice remedy too for your phone...not sure if it works though.

    Glad you're feeling the baby and all is well on that front! You are going to have your hands full, but you are going to love every minute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mine are 10 months apart. It is a lot of work, but worth every bit of it! It's funny how we can be so tired or frustrated during the day and then miss them when we put them down at night. Blessings to you--it will only get better! Your heart will expand in ways you never imagined!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad to see Clara is a Mets fan! (LOL)...lots of loyal Mets fan here. So glad you are feeling baby move and grow...what a gift.! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great post, it makes MY heart overflow! :) I want more pics of you with a preggo belly! :) I hope your phone is ok!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So wonderful you are feeling the baby- how neat! :)

    I can't get enough of Clara either- she is such a little sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable pictures! As far as the iphone, my sister was told to put hers in a bowl of rice. I guess it helps absorb the water (battery off and in bowl, battery case off and in bowl too). good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oops, just saw the rice idea was already posted!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Please take care of yourself in this awful heat! Can't wait to see you soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't think E likes what C is wearing... :P (It should be a Yankees jersey.)

    I dream of having a story even a fraction as miraculous and beautiful as yours. And I say that out of love :)

    Now... when are you going to have time to finish that IF documentary?? Ahhhh!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great photos and story. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes I agree - more baby bump pics are in order, missy!

    I do think that the best part of being mother to L is seeing her beautiful smile first thing in the morning. It brightens my day and refreshes my soul in a way I didn't know was possible.

    Clara and E are the CUTEST little duo ever! I cannot wait to see them in person soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't even imagine looking at the video from a year ago now. WOW! Crazy! I was a hot mess!

    :) I love this post!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for posting the pics that you could! Clara is adorable and with her little man...precious!

    I know what you mean about having 2! I am due in January, and a little nervous myself. If it is any reassurance, I have heard that #2 is easier than #1 (maybe because of the experience under our belts?).

    Isn't "feeling" pregnant the best? Even though there are uncomfy days, the kicks and jabs are so amazing and then when you finally see his/her face, your heart just melts!
    Hugs,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  17. So glad you are so happy! I hope the rice helped your phone. It's really neat that your kids will be so close in age. I love the C & E pics; I definitely want to get an invite to the wedding :)!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Try placing the ipod or iphone in a small baggie of rice... the rice will take up the moisture to the phone. My mom used to add rice to her salt shaker as we grew up on the east coast where it is very humid as you know. Hope it works!

    A friend of mine also suggested this remedy for cell phones, I forget where he was told but it should help.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This post made me tear up. I love the way you talked about your belly...I can't wait to one day share that excitement. Little Clara is so darn cute!!

    ReplyDelete