Wednesday, April 28, 2010

A simple feast day

This is what we did this afternoon...







Clara's first time eating baby food was a success!

A year ago, on St. Gianna's feast day, we were praying she would come into our lives, not even knowing who 'she' was. And this year I was feeding her pears. God is so good.

21 comments:

  1. Praise God!! I love this, K... you celebrating St. Gianna's feast day by doing your motherly duties! What a feast for little Clara!

    In the novena to St. Gianna, this part kept striking me and made me think of you and the other women who share/have shared your cross...

    O God, Creator and lover of mankind, You were close to Saint Gianna when, affected by illness, she was in the painful dilemma of choosing between her own life and the life of the child whom she was carrying in herself, a gift long-awaited.

    "A gift long-awaited"... that just struck me! You waited for your little gift so long and God has been with you... so very close. God is good!
    Blessings, sweet mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh she is adorable! It is amazing what can happen in a year, isn't it! I try not to think about it too much for fear that at this time next year, life will be even more insane!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Precious! The best way to celebrate this special day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pictures!! I needed a Clara "fix." I've missed her! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! I love the second to last photo...such a look of surprise!!!

    Happy feast day Clara!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great way to spend a feast day! What an amazing blessing!!!

    LOVE how cute she looks in that bib!!! I'll have to show a pic to my mom! She loves to put a face to a bib she's made! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I keep being amazing at how big she's getting! I also needed my Clara "fix" thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So adorable! I'm glad you had a wonderful feast day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great feast day you had with your little Clara..so happy for you! Am including Catholic infertility bloggers in my prayers today...God is good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet and messy smile on her face! And how you managed to hold your camera and feed her is beyond me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a perfect day to celebrate St. Gianna!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an awesome way to celebrate St. Gianna's feast day! Thanks for reminding us how much can happen in a year.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Perfect way to spend the Feast Day! Amazing little girl, precious pictures, beautiful family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. So, so sweet.

    I really wish we lived closer, we have no Catholic adoptive families to hang out with here!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks like so much fun!!!

    (did you also taste the pears? were they sweet?)

    Yay for Clara!!! Her first "real food" experience! With many more to come!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was just reading back through old comments at my blog of Hannah's Hope. Was thrilled to click on your profile link and see you sitting there with this beautiful little girl in your arms! Thanking the Lord for His answered prayer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yes, He is!!

    I just adore her big brown eyes! And I still think they are from your side of the family :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh that last picture is TOOOOOOO cute! Looks like someone was enjoying her first food taste!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh K, your daughter is so beautiful! You are so blessed to be a Mommy!

    Hey, you have endometriosis too, right? I found a wonderful Nutritionist here in Mass. who had nineteen surgeries to get rid of endo. She met a herbal doctor in Japan after her last surgery who taught her the importance of eating good food. She hasn't had any more surgeries since then and her endo is now in remission!

    I have a link to this doctor's website on my blog. There is a great article on her blog about endometriosis and diet. She recommends eating an anti-inflammatory diet. I have found her diet and recommendations to be so incredibly helpful and informative. When you have a chance, please read it. Hoping it can help you (and others with endo too!).

    You are in my thoughts and prayers!

    May God Bless you and your sweet family!

    Love,
    Maria In Mass :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. aren't these darling? http://family-centered.com/life/soft-shoe-tutorial/

    i saw them and thought of your great sewing skills and Clara!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your Clara looks a lot like my Isabella! What a cutie pie!

    ReplyDelete