Tuesday, July 27, 2010

No more shots

...at least for now! (How's that for optimism?)

My progesterone at 20 weeks rose all the way to 56.8, which is zone 3! That means it's risen 25 points (sorry I couldn't think of what else to call them.. units?) from four weeks ago, when it was in the low 30's. Thank God it's doing what it's supposed to!

As much as I am glad to no longer have to get twice weekly shots, I am a little nervous about losing my security blanket. The shots at least made me feel like I was doing something to help.

I'll still get blood drawn a week from Friday, though, so we'll know what it's doing on its own. The nurse did warn that it could drop a little, which only concerns me because, according to the PPVI graph, progesterone rises a great deal between weeks 20 and 22. To stay in zone 3, it would have to jump to the 80's.

I'm not going to spend too much time worrying about that now though. I'm just glad it rose as much as it did and that I can stop the shots. And even if I do have to start them up again (which, by the way is my own theory.. the nurse did not mention this as a possibility), at least my butt cheeks will have gotten a couple weeks of rest!

16 comments:

  1. Keeping you and little one (baby boy) in our prayers. Peace and blessings to the whole family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news!!!

    I really agonize those shots lately, but they are a security blanket for me, too!

    Hope it continues to rise and that you feel awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad it rose so much and your butt gets a break! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well good! Just remember to leave the worries behind and remember how fortunate you are to have those shots in case it goes down. You are in good hands:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on being shot-free!!! Every little milestone in pregnancy is worthy of celebrating, so yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great news! Glad to hear you're getting a break.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so happy you posted these totally cute and precious photos. Your little angel looks so happy and so LOVED! I am so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to hear that your cheeks get some time to recover! What an exciting milestone for you! I get to stop taking my prometrium soon.

    Heather

    ReplyDelete